Ok so I'm in veg doing black berry kush. I've got hps turned down 360 watt so I've had light like 8 inch from plant no heat issue. My question is I'm wanting to main line it but it's getting bushy instead of stretching. Should I move light farther away during veg so it stretches, then back close when flower. Need plant to stretch more or can I main line a bushy short plant lol. Wait I wonder if this strain is notorious for being short.

Most people say to wait till u got 5 or 6 nodes, then top it above the 3rd node. I don't see any reason you couldn't mainline it. I'm not saying it's the best thing to do for you but it can definitely be done.

Reactions: Ina
I would wait until it gets 5 nodes, 6 max to mainline. I’ve mainlined a few times and find the plant recovers faster if you let it grow to 5 or 6 nodes. If you mainline too early, it seems to take forever to recover.

I would wait until it gets 5 nodes, 6 max to mainline. I’ve mainlined a few times and find the plant recovers faster if you let it grow to 5 or 6 nodes. If you mainline too early, it seems to take forever to recover.
You think I can main line/top 5 times within 8 weeks total veg time. I have co2 I can use also.

Just make sure you give it enough time to bounce back. You’ll know when she’s ready to be topped again because the growth will speed back up.

Reactions: Ina
Like said before. Wait until there is about 6-7 nodes from the bottom.
Then top down to the third node. And start your main line.
The plant just simply isn’t ready that’s why it’s too squat still. Give it some time and follow the mainline protocol.

Here is some of my old mainlines I did a while ago

Like said before. Wait until there is about 6-7 nodes from the bottom.
Then top down to the third node. And start your main line.
The plant just simply isn’t ready that’s why it’s too squat still. Give it some time and follow the mainline protocol.

Here is some of my old mainlines I did a while ago
Thanks for the info I was wondering if this how they normally grow I thought they just shoot straight up till harvest

Thanks for the info I was wondering if this how they normally grow I thought they just shoot straight up till harvest
No not at all bro.
But it is helpful to grow a plant naturally without any “tech” to get an idea of how they grow so you understand what exactly you are trying to manipulate.
I understand that isn’t always possible with space constrictions and what not but growing a small plant without training or lst or topping will give you a lot of knowledge on what you are trying to do with the training.

No not at all bro.
But it is helpful to grow a plant naturally without any “tech” to get an idea of how they grow so you understand what exactly you are trying to manipulate.
I understand that isn’t always possible with space constrictions and what not but growing a small plant without training or lst or topping will give you a lot of knowledge on what you are trying to do with the training.
Yeah I kind of jumped past the slow learning part lol. I guess I'll be figuring it out one way or another though

Yeah I kind of jumped past the slow learning part lol. I guess I'll be figuring it out one way or another though
It’s not so much about slow learning. I’m a believer of fast learning. Haha. I never dumb myself down just because people say you’re supposed to go slow. That being said there is a lot of cache in knowing how a plant grows at each stage. And there isn’t really a way to do that without watching a plant do it’s own thing and just grow freely. Then you know what you want to manipulate.

It’s not so much about slow learning. I’m a believer of fast learning. Haha. I never dumb myself down just because people say you’re supposed to go slow. That being said there is a lot of cache in knowing how a plant grows at each stage. And there isn’t really a way to do that without watching a plant do it’s own thing and just grow freely. Then you know what you want to manipulate.
Does mine look normal lol