question on oscillating fans blowing on plants inside tent

• Thread starter vindiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vindiesel

so far all my buds grown have been sweet, the 1 thing that i do notice is buds are a tad dry, even when using correct drying process. then cure. i have exhaust fans at top of tent and 1 oscillating fan on floor blowing up towards light, and another blowing on plants back and forth about level between lights and buds, but buds getting hit. these fans on 24 7. can having a fan blowing on buds cause drier buds? should i blow it lower, like bottom of foilage start area, by stalk...?
thx. :smiley_joint:
vin

F

FastForward

Depending on the temps I reckon you might be okay with just the vent fans on and no oscillating ones. Direct fans on drying buds is a no-no I think because it speeds up the drying process, and you want to keep it slow and steady (18-20c).

Greyskull

Greyskull

do you mean while the plants are alive you have fans blowing on them and you're wondering if that is causing the dried buds to be extra dry?

if i am waaaaaaay off base please forgive me.....

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
That's how i read it too, Greyskull. And i have same (similar) question regarding ocilating fan in tent. Is it ok for air to blow across tops of plants if the fan is ocilating?

JB

V

vindiesel

yes i'm talking about fans blowing on plants while flowering. i dont keep a fan on them in drying cabinet.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
unless the the leaf tips are getting wind burn the top buds will be fine, you'll know if there to dry as they will start to crisp up and change colour, this, however is highly unlikely unless your plants are super stressed. During buddin the more ventilation the better, if all your leaves are slightly trembling then ventilation is v good.

Top Bottom