Question On Rapid Rooters For Hempy

• Thread starter deeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

deeman

Thanks to this forum I started my very first grow. I have successfully germinated an auto in a Rapid Rooter and just today placed the 1.5" seedling into my Solo cup with 100% perlite.

I also assembled a Timber Grow 200w kit and the new plant is under this light. The seedling seems healthy so far!

Questions:
1. I read once before but can't find it now, that you don't directly water the rapid rooter during the hempy waterings. This seems a bit strange. I guess it was suggested in the post to only water the Perlite. Does this sound right?

2. I assume it's okay to use tap water for the first 2 weeks, correct? I can get away from Distilled water, right? I have City water. I think I have an understanding on when to introduce dilluted nutes but want to verify I can use city water now.

3. With the COB Timer lights, I have the dial all the way down for now since the seedling is less than 2 inches and the light is about 14" above the seedling. Sound good?

Thanks all!

jewsh808

jewsh808

I never had luck with seedlings/ sprouts in perlite they died on me

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I use rapid rooters in my hempy grow. You can definitely water them directly. When i first put them in the buckets i only watered around the stems until roots made it to the water. Just make sure medium drys up then water again. I only used ro water so i dont have any experience just using tap water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom