Question on SolisTek users

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
In preparation of a new groom build, I am considering updating my magnetic ballasts and lamps and reflectors. Solis-Tek has caught my eye and I wold appreciate any input or reviews from current or past users.

One of my concerns migrating over from magnetic to digital is the claims of RF waves giving off interference to neighbors cable and or radio service. I don't really want any undue attention so to speak.

Opinions on fit and finish and any other pros and cons with this system is much appreciated.

Thanks Farmers

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Make sure the cables are shielded and no RF interference.

outwest

deacon1503

deacon1503

Most of the newer e-ballasts, including solis-tek, I believe the circuit boards are cover is a resin to help against RF. Also, I hear there are RF shielded ballast cables but haven't seen that confirmed yet. All in all, a newer ballast with a decently short cable probably won't put off enough RF for any one to notice.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I've been usin the Solis Tek Matrix 1k Ballasts with their HPS bulb for a lil over a year now. I've used several different ballasts over the years (Green HTGSupply mag ballasts, Lumiteks and Hydrofarm Phantoms) and wouldn't go back. From talking with Kyle @ Solis Tek they are about to come out with a next gen of the Matrix with a few cool updated features. (Not sure what those are yet though) Hope this helps. MGG

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice. thanks Farmers. Lets keep the thread going would love to hear some more details from folks that are using ST systems.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I run SolisTek STK1000 and love them..I stay away form the Matrix personally only because I don't trust all the digi screen and remote features
I'll be honest. I'm not a big fan of new high tech shit. I was on the fence about the matrix for the same reasons are you are. Really was worried about how the timers would work/sequential start/remotes etc. I have to say it all works seamlessly. Glad I went with em now. Only thing I'd change, and I mentioned it to Kyle, is to make the LED light on the ballast for the timer/mode able to be switched off. I don't like any light, green LED or not, in my flower room after lights out. To me dark means it should be fuckin dark. :D MGG

Billyboat

Billyboat

I run solisteks on a flip flop and one room has 50' lamp cords hard wired and I have zero rf interference.

I have had two solisteks short circuit on me in 3 years, and they were replaced no questions.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I run SolisTek STK1000 and love them..I stay away form the Matrix personally only because I don't trust all the digi screen and remote features
Yea TK I'm with you on that. Less parts the less chance of shit going sideways. Firm believer in KISS.

Thanks for dropping in.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Solis teks are great. I don't use the matrix cause the regulars are cheaper and I think it's a little cheaper. To just buy a lighting relay then have an electrician wire a shit load of outlets.

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

I just did a run with a mix of solistek hps, 4k mh, and 10k mh hanging in the middle and I liked the results. I haven't used their ballasts, but the bulbs seem to be good.

Top Bottom