Question re: warehouses and inspections

• Thread starter CannaCaino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaCaino

Hi Farm,

I have a couple questions regarding warehouses that I'm sure folks on here can help me with.

1. If growing in a warehouse in a state where cities are not giving business licenses to cultivators, are you having your build out inspected? If so, I'm assuming you're telling them it's for other purposes. What are you telling them? How are you dealing with the inspection process, etc?

2. How are you dealing with annual fire marshal inspections?

Any help you can provide is very much appreciated. I'm trying hard to wrap my head around this and preparing to lease a space.

CC

squarepusher

squarepusher

not necessary unless you run a business with traffic in and out.

C

CannaCaino

SquarePusher,

Why is that? I'm not running a business with traffic, but why then don't I need to worry about those things? Not challenging, just curious.

Thanks for the reply.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

everytime i hear the words "fire marshall" i laugh
was renting a duplex from my buddies dad who knew i toke like there is no tomorrow. he never told me that the fire marshall needed to look at the place. he def never told me the inspection was scheduled on 4/20. long story short we got high as hell with the local fire marshall.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

That's some funny fucking shit right there mastacheeser.

So I'm curious as well. Say I rented a warehouse space under the guise of growing corals for aquarium peeps. Would that have to be inspected by the fire dept?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
fire dept. inspections vary from city to city, county to county. they're not always tied to business licenses. i once had a space in a city and once a year they would go door to door, if you weren't there, they'd keep coming back. pia. other places, they never come around. 'probably best to check with the neighbors about it when you're looking at a space.

D

dond3030

Growing coral with gwatters mofo!
That'd be some massive reef! Lol man I'm stoned

C

CannaCaino

If your not operating a bussiness per say, you dont need a bussiness license, which is what triggers the Fire Inspections.

Thats your storage unit, you arent even there 99% of the time. Most certainly from 6 am- 6pm your not around.

Interesting point. You'd sure as never be there when if they came around, that's for sure, if you weren't there at those times. I'm not sure about what triggers an inspection in the city in which I'm looking. I'll have to find that out.

Papa, that's sound advice, for sure.

Thanks everyone, and I welcome more input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom