Question regarding growing indoors and outdoors

• Thread starter SntWick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SntWick

SntWick

Is it considered bad to utilize the suns hours while I can and supplement the rest of light hours needed with my indoor grow light. I live down south . I try to utilize all sun hours from sunrise to sunset and then bring my babies inside to give them the rest? I know the downfalls of providing a safe environment but will this really hinder the plants. I’m at 10 hours outdoor and 8 indoor.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I think you should be fine as long as as the plants are still gettin light, It's darkness that triggers flowering. I couldn't imagine there being any issues but I dunno maybe someone else has had experience with that because I haven't used the sun to grow before.

SntWick

SntWick

I think you should be fine as long as as the plants are still gettin light, It's darkness that triggers flowering. I couldn't imagine there being any issues but I dunno maybe someone else has had experience with that because I haven't used the sun to grow before.
I have just having a talk with a fellow grower last night and he tried telling me that since the conditions aren’t stable that it’s gonna stunt the plants. But with outdoors when is anything stable. So why should bringing it indoor and out effect anything

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

your all good doing that just a lotta work, be sure to do it care fully esp if your in any kinda not solid pots because the root base can break up real easily if they are in bags and handled even mildy roughly. The difference in lighting is what he is talking about; if your not on top of it a descending light cycle can throw them into flower pretty easily, but out in the morning and in before sunset into a room with lights would work just fine. Few more things, if they are indoor plants the outdoor environment will shock them unless acclimated and hardened off properly; indoor plants are weak and finicky in comparison to outdoor plants. Plants do not like being moved(this is purely my opinion) from space to space, they do not like to change direction(n,e,s,w i mark it and keep em faced) and plants have issues converting from indoor to outdoor. Outdoor plants hate going back inside!! MY question is why not just keep outside and run supplemental lighting? Save your back!

SntWick

SntWick

Jus the energy bill and being in my parents house. It is rather small. First week in veg. And I harden them off from the get go first week out of seed they get the same through and through

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

A regular light bulb will be sufficient to keep em in veg if you leave em outside

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Is it considered bad to utilize the suns hours while I can and supplement the rest of light hours needed with my indoor grow light. I live down south . I try to utilize all sun hours from sunrise to sunset and then bring my babies inside to give them the rest? I know the downfalls of providing a safe environment but will this really hinder the plants. I’m at 10 hours outdoor and 8 indoor.
Bugs..bringing outdoor bugs indoors is one problem but I did the same thing last year while the sun shines and the plants loved it. I did end up with a bad bought of spider mites but I'm not sure where they came from. I may have got the bugs from some clones I was given but they're a pain you don't want to deal with.

SntWick

SntWick

Bugs..bringing outdoor bugs indoors is one problem but I did the same thing last year while the sun shines and the plants loved it. I did end up with a bad bought of spider mites but I'm not sure where they came from. I may have got the bugs from some clones I was given but they're a pain you don't want to deal with.
I’m fully prepped for pest, need oil. Dustable wetteable sulphur, and insectide spray. Plus I got pavers in my yard so I’m not to to stressed bout it. Last round dealt with fungus gnats but I let the soil stay dry and dusted sulphur on the top layer. Went away within hours. Thanks !

Top Bottom