Question regarding phenos and lollipopping...

• Thread starter bmw626
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bmw626

Do I really need to go through the trouble of growing out the 3 Critical+ seeds I just received just to find a pheno when my setup will consist of a 2 plant per sq ft single cola lollipopped sog? I see no reason to spend the extra time flowering the 3 mothers just to find the "best" pheno of the 3, or am I wrong? I mean I'll be trimming up the first 1/3 of the plant anyway so not like I need to avoid a bushy pheno.

Can I get some insight from the other side of the fence?

This will my first time working with clones as opposed to auto's.

I'm not trying to cut corners, just trying to improvise on time where I can.

Thanks!

Bannacis

Bannacis

I would do all three. if time is issue you don't want to just start one and have it die on you and have to start over. Not sure type of seeds, Regular? fem? if regular, you may get males in there. u be lucky to get a female.
Now if fem seeds, obviously no males, you can do the single route here just so you will have a couple beans for back up.
Ok just research the critical+ only found fem seeds from dinafem. didnt say much about diff phenos, so its possible all 3 seeds will be same or close to it.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I would grow all 3 like u normally grow. Pick the one that has a better structure for ur style. Sucks cuz u have to clone all three and keep them well noted of which is which. Also judge the bud. This way u can run whole cycles with the same pheno and get ur desired yield. Just my two centZ.

B

bmw626

Critical+ is by Dinafem. It's basically a femmed version of Mr Nice - Critical Mass.

my original plans were to run all 3 and see how they turn out but I was chiefin an L earlier and the thought crossed my mind so I thought I'd ask. For some reason I thought the pheno only had to do with growth characteristics, not the overall bud quality as well. Thanks

Veg for ~30 days
Clones ~7 days
Flower ~8 weeks (this is the part I was considering skipping)
Find keeper, fill aero tray, game on.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Critical+ is by Dinafem. It's basically a femmed version of Mr Nice - Critical Mass.

my original plans were to run all 3 and see how they turn out but I was chiefin an L earlier and the thought crossed my mind so I thought I'd ask. For some reason I thought the pheno only had to do with growth characteristics, not the overall bud quality as well. Thanks

Veg for ~30 days
Clones ~7 days
Flower ~8 weeks (this is the part I was considering skipping)
Find keeper, fill aero tray, game on.

Yup, different phenos carry different dominance from its original parents. One leans this way while the other leans another way

reeldrag

reeldrag

No need to on first run but take cuts from each plant then next run u can run all of the one that did best the first run its not the perfect text book way but it will save u months of pheno hunting and u will still end with the best of the best on second run when u r only doing a small run this is fastest way to get up and running and pheno hunting at same time

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I generally lollipop as well and just got into popping beans...If you have a little extra space in your room run the seedlings around the perimeter of your room so as to not interrupt your growing. Take cuts and mother the cuts out. When the room is done and the seedlings have finished your mothers should be large enough to take the desired amount of cuts to refill the room with your 'keeper'.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

OK so you got 3 doors, there are cars behind each door, which do you pick? one has a viper, one has a mini van and the other has a Kia Soul. Same with your seeds you pick the wrong one you will be disappointed. Grow all 3 clone and flower off the mom's. Keep the best one. Now the other side of the coin is I grew out 5 Barneys Farm Red Cherry Berry and they were all the same, this does not happen often in my experiences.

Latest posts

Top Bottom