• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi Farmers

I'm wondering if a s1 seed end up exactly as her mother?

Are s1 that accurate?

Thanks...

convex

convex

Without going into Mendel's research and alleles' inheritance (cause it hurts my head and don't yet fully comprehend it - yet) ... I will venture to say:

Assuming a stable true breeding female, then the the majority of offspring will be quite close to the mother - I stress majority here.

If the female is not stable then ratios change rapidly.

If you really want to bust your brain, Logic posted an article on Mendel:

Cheers!

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Without going into Mendel's research and alleles' inheritance (cause it hurts my head and don't yet fully comprehend it - yet) ...

Exactly i went to this thread actualy but is too complicated for me. Since English is not my primary language, this ain't making it easier.

Actualy my goal is to keep some of my mother plant into seed form. I thinking s1 might be the best solution... Thanks for ur input Convex.

The Joker

The Joker

I grew a Bubba Kush s1 that yielded better than the original and had the same taste.. I stupidly threw it away thinking I've got the Bubba , why grow an S1? Sometimes they have other good qualities.

I also want to make some for a rainy day. Good luck.

J

jflo

now i am no geneticist...but did take a fair bit of upper level bio in college, and it seems to me that short of cloning (in the sexual reproduction use of the word...like "dolly" the sheep, and how they can clone dogs now too) how can any "offspring" of any sexual reproduction be truely identical? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that some of the genes even recessive ones would creat a phenotypical expression once the chromosomes divide and multiply. Even if it is the same genotype. just a semi knowledgable opinion...could be completely wrong

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks The Joker

i heard a lot of good stuffs about the Bubba s1...I never grew them my self but its what put me on the way...I want to use silver colliodal to reverse a female clone to male, i've read it's the easiest to go and the seed will be feminised that way.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Good point jflo

To tell u the truth i never think of that. At first i was sure s1 would be the exact replica of the mother.
But now i realise i might have jumped on conclusion too quick.

I'm thinking, the more the mother its stable the more u have chane to get identical phenos??

R

rennie37

will s1 have ne hermi traits?
isnt s1 is from a self polenating plant...?

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
will s1 have ne hermi traits?
isnt s1 is from a self polenating plant...?

S1 are self pollinated plant. From what i understand, seeds will be feminised becuase the plant used to breed was originaly 100% female. So the plant have strickly female chromosome and not male.Then switched to male in order to creat male sex. (using silver colliodal)

regarding the hermies, it can happen if the mother is a subject to hermaphrodism. Or of she's not a high resistant to stress etc etc...

I heard people have good result using self pollinated...

R

Rolln J

if the plant is stable and forced to hermaphrodite by colloidal silver or an extreme environmental stress such as lights of for 2 hours in middle of bloom or plants left in bloom weeks after they have finsihed you are more likely to get a good fem result...

where as a plant that is not stressed but self pollinates has no business being grown or bred again

there are plenty of people who will argue that there is no such thing as a good fem

I

InvisibleM

The S1's will only have the genes of the mother plant and is a quick way to get there, but won't be identical to mother.

The hard way is what I did to a plant I got many years ago. I inbred it 14 times starting with a true male plant.

Thanks The Joker

i heard a lot of good stuffs about the Bubba s1...I never grew them my self but its what put me on the way...I want to use silver colliodal to reverse a female clone to male, i've read it's the easiest to go and the seed will be feminised that way.

Would love to see picts all the way through this, from the silver colliodal to the s1 plants...

The Joker

The Joker

I was gifted the S1 clone and put her outdoors while I kept a mother of the Katsu Bubba indoors. I can only keep 6 bonsai moms and have lots of seeds I want to grow. So S1's are a good way to back it up and make room.

I never throw seeds away. If I don't want to grow them, I give then away. But I've gotten rid of all the seeds I don't want.

I remember Suzy Creamcheese saying you should do an open pllination of your seeds every few years before they go bad.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
The S1's will only have the genes of the mother plant and is a quick way to get there, but won't be identical to mother.

The hard way is what I did to a plant I got many years ago. I inbred it 14 times starting with a true male plant.

Would love to see picts all the way through this, from the silver colliodal to the s1 plants...

Hey InvisibleM

I have a better vision of whats s1 now, I can afford to go the hard way due to space, time and will. Reaching f14 seems to be a pretty hard work.

Im too late on my grow this year, else i would of start a thread...probably the next winter...

if the plant is stable and forced to hermaphrodite by colloidal silver or an extreme environmental stress such as lights of for 2 hours in middle of bloom or plants left in bloom weeks after they have finsihed you are more likely to get a good fem result...

where as a plant that is not stressed but self pollinates has no business being grown or bred again

there are plenty of people who will argue that there is no such thing as a good fem

Yes i read that soma use stress to creat male sex. I want to be able to switch just a clone...and the lack of room don't allows me to use light stress techinque.
I've read lot o thread about this subject and ppl always disagree.

I was gifted the S1 clone and put her outdoors while I kept a mother of the Katsu Bubba indoors. I can only keep 6 bonsai moms and have lots of seeds I want to grow. So S1's are a good way to back it up and make room.

I never throw seeds away. If I don't want to grow them, I give then away. But I've gotten rid of all the seeds I don't want.

I remember Suzy Creamcheese saying you should do an open pllination of your seeds every few years before they go bad.

Thats is my sitiation bro, plenty of seeds not enough space to keep mothers. I guess s1 are the best solution for us...

Top Bottom