Question with ec change in hydro

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Can anyone advise if this is correct. My system has a rez and auto water system which flows back to the rez.

When I rez changed and added all the nutes I was at 1.2ec. But over the last 5 days topping back up with water few litres daily it has now dropped the ec to 1.0.

When topping back up Rez should I be adding nutes to keep the ec up ? Or is it correct to have it lower slowly ?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Can anyone advise if this is correct. My system has a rez and auto water system which flows back to the rez.

When I rez changed and added all the nutes I was at 1.2ec. But over the last 5 days topping back up with water few litres daily it has now dropped the ec to 1.0.

When topping back up Rez should I be adding nutes to keep the ec up ? Or is it correct to have it lower slowly ?
IMG 4114

IMG 4113

Porky1982

Porky1982

That's what you want! Plants are feeding! Keep and eye on your pH and retop you ec to 1.2
They looking good!!
I used to do a res change every 2 weeks in rdwc!

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

That's what you want! Plants are feeding! Keep and eye on your pH and retop you ec to 1.2
They looking good!!
I used to do a res change every 2 weeks in rdwc!
Cheers porky . Just upped if back to 1.2ec . Doing rez change in another 3 to 4 days. I know the next call on the schedule is 1tsp per gal so I’m sure it will push my ec ro about 1.4-1.6. And was thinking if I’m at 1.0 now it’s a big jump

B

Bdubs

What you are experiencing is 100% on point. Ph steady, water level dropping and EC falling. Raise EC and continue whatever you are doing. Adjusting nutrients per your schedule and keep trucking. Looking good! I personally never add EC to current water as you have no idea what nutrients have been used and what’s left over. I always adjust EC/PPM when doing a res change. I’d let them keep eating whatever is in there until my res change and up my EC/PPM at that point. They like the mixture that was in there and were eating perfectly.

B

Bdubs

Unless you are adding the same mix and topping off I’d leave them in their current water. I was implying not to throw nutrients at it just to increase it. But adding the same mix you did that they are eating right now, topping off. Then continue your schedule and res change “increase PPM” to what it should be, don’t make changes to your PPM schedule.

Water level, PPM and PH always just tell me if the plant is happy with what it is being given and/or when I need to lower the nutrients into next phase of the schedule.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Unless you are adding the same mix and topping off I’d leave them in their current water. I was implying not to throw nutrients at it just to increase it. But adding the same mix you did that they are eating right now, topping off. Then continue your schedule and res change “increase PPM” to what it should be, don’t make changes to your PPM schedule.

Water level, PPM and PH always just tell me if the plant is happy with what it is being given and/or when I need to lower the nutrients into next phase of the schedule.
Makes sense thankyou

Top Bottom