Question With Veg Sst

• Thread starter Checkit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Checkit

so I found some recipes for veg Sst using alfalf and barleys, but I can't find any schedules for them. I saw that alfalf can cause some problems if you over feed. Also how do you guys sprout your seeds? Just leave them in a cup with some water till you get tails? Or do you soak then sit out on like a wet towel till you get tails.

Thanks

Bannacis

Bannacis

Use the Alfalfa sparingly, mostly its used in a soil mix with other organic ingredients. and cooked for a time.
Alfalfa Meal is an all natural fertilizer made from fermented alfalfa plants. It’s great at replenishing worn out soils when used as a soil amendment. It can also be used as an accelerant in compost piles
Alfalfa Meal can help restore soil and bring back its full growing potential. With a unique 3-1-2 ratio, Alfalfa Meal is an all natural, organic fertilizer that replenishes sugar, starches and proteins that help keep your plants growing healthy and strong.
Its an alternative for high nitrogen ferts, so be careful when adding.
Alfalfa Meal works as an organic fertilizer utilizing microbacteria to break down and produce heat that accelerates the decomposition of minerals within the meal. Rhizobacteria activity processes the nutrients further, making them more readily available for use by the plant. Using Alfalfa Meal is easy, it provides an alternative to other organic fertilizers such as blood meal or compost that may contain excessive amounts of nitrogen for more delicate plants.

Alfalfa Meal is a rapid decomposer, and can naturally generate a lot of heat in a short amount of time. This heat generating ability means that Alfalfa Meal is a good accelerant for use with any compost pile. Mulching Alfalfa Meal into the main body of the pile will aid decomposition and produce quicker results.
I would add to soil and let cook and that's it.

Now seeds....If you have some regular bag seed, try it different ways to see what works best for you.
Put them straight into soil, peat pots.
Try the paper towel method, once wet, put paper towel in a plastic baggy to keep in moisture and set it somewhere warm and dark.
Drop in a small jar of water, watch for tails.
good luck...

Top Bottom