Question

• Thread starter Mrmoreno25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mrmoreno25

I'm desperate on weed was wondering is it bad to cut off one branch from my plants to smoke. They only have 2 weeks left a smaller branch of course
Question

Fangthane

Fangthane

Shit, I did it on my first grow. I was broke and out of smoke, so a week or 2 early, I chopped off a bottom branch that never would have amounted to much more anyway. Trimmed my nug and laid it a couple of inches away from my laptop's cooling vent overnight to dry it out quickly. Not gonna get your best taste or potency out of it, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

M

Mrmoreno25

Shit, I did it on my first grow. I was broke and out of smoke, so a week or 2 early, I chopped off a bottom branch that never would have amounted to much more anyway. Trimmed my nug and laid it a couple of inches away from my laptop's cooling vent overnight to dry it out quickly. Not gonna get your best taste or potency out of it, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Does it hurt the plant

Fangthane

Fangthane

May get different philosophies on that, which probably come down to timing. I've heard some advocate for culling lower branches so the plant will allocate resources to main kolas. Others may argue it's too much stress on the plant. In my totally uninformed opinion, if the plants are damn near done anyway, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Fangthane

Fangthane

I've also seen threads here where people swear by splitting their plant's main stalk down the middle at some point well prior to harvesting the plant. Some think that that degree of trauma to the plant triggers some kind of "defense mechanism" which makes the plant get much frostier. Maybe use your fiending as an experiment. Document current trichome levels on your plants and see if the one you cut the branch off has a sudden explosion in it's last couple of weeks.

Nugg

Nugg

It's fine..with only 2 weeks left it won't matter...I mean seems my upper buds get ready faster..I cut them out and let the lower buds go for few days longer..not like it has to be the best in the world..it's yours..smoke some to get u by...

Latest posts

Top Bottom