Question?

• Thread starter RooR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RooR

Hello friends :) Soon I will start grow some beans,but I want grow them in coco.I bought one coco-brick,but at the moment I haven't got EC meter.Should I use EC metter for first two weeks?At the moment I can only control the pH(cheap Lakmus peapers).Thank's brothers :)

F

FastForward

If you can, invest in a pH and EC meter....for coco it's pretty much essential if you want to get good results....otherwise it's real guesswork...

steveedg

steveedg

some people use ml instead of an ec meter but its always wise to have one handy ,as for the ph get yourself a proper ph pen asap this is my first grow using coco and making sure the ph is right is one of the main factors for good growth my only advice would be never start a grow unprepared wait till you have got all the stuff you need to save on problems in the future ..

just my opinion there is many people on here who use coco and may have better advice than me good luck on the grow:D

S

Steve Zissou

get some sunshine mix and start your seedlings in there if your uncertain of ur coco. or flush the coco a bunch, of ur uncertain of ur coco run 10x the amount of water as there is weight... (ie 1kg brick would get 22 gallons, 2.2 lbs x 10 gallons) and ull be good. if its botanicare coco youll be even better. i have a bad back and knees so i use this litle trick to wash my coco. buy a 15 gallon smart pot (cloth like pots for plants that are awesome!) and a 5kg brick of coco.... put coco in smart pot inside the shower and let it run for about an hour or more till theres no brown colored runoff. hope this helps ya, u will have no problems transplanting from sunshine to coco provided u dont use soil amendments like guano and earthworm castings.

T

tenacious

Supporter
u will have no problems transplanting from sunshine to coco provided u dont use soil amendments like guano and earthworm castings.
why does this cause problems??? i love worm dirt...........seems to fix problems imo

T

tngreen

you dont NEED a meter but it definitely helps to be consistent. i have been without a meter for over 2 years now in coco with great results! just need to be consistent with the nute levels and watch how ure plants react. the great thing about coco is that a problem can easily be flushed out and fixed. i would think a meter would be more crucial in flower than the first 2 weeks.

S

Shack

Premium Member
Supporter
I have been growing in coco for about 2 years and to get the best out of your plants, it's just good sense to take the very best care of your plants. I keep a constant record of ph and ppm and to do that requires the proper instruments. It's a very good investment that will repay itself in a short time.

Top Bottom