Question

• Thread starter Kaiser Sose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

Ok I have a question.

My filter and fan come in today. My room that I built is 10x10 with a wall at
5' down one wall that sticks out 4'. One side for Veg one side for Flower.

My question is, should I stick the can filter in the flower room with duct going straight up and the other side of wall with duct going to a "y" splitter?

My thought is the veg room would not need as much filtration as the bloom room. It would just need fresh air coming in.

Is this correct line of thinking or do I need another fan filter combo for veg room?

By the way this will be a Hydro top drip under 1000w HPS and MH.The fan is an inline 450 cfm fan filter is same. I will be growing NM compliant legal grow. I will have 4 in Bloom with 8 in Veg and 4 clones with about 2-3 weeks spacing of ages. This way I can have a perpetual harvest. Both veg and bloom room combined would measure 4'5" wide x 5'4 long approx. I will also be doing a grow journal on this for Blue Planet Nutrients. They GAVE me a 2 part nute mix with Liquid Blue Bloom just to write a journal. From all the other journals I have read that were using these nutes, They have achieved about a 25%+ increase in yeilds and overall health of plants. I will let you all know.

All help and comments appreciated.

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

ok 28 views and no comments or help... Come on now...

Please....

sky high

sky high

Here is a size chart from Phresh that should give you an idea that you are OK. (IMO) http://www.phreshfilter.com/selector.php

you can try the "y' to vent both rooms ut you may also wanna try venting only from the bloom room and just letting the veg part of the equation ventilate through as it can. Gonna depend on what you are using for a veg light. With t-5s...floros you can probably keep things in the veg room in the proper temp zone goin this way.... you just gotta try and see what works (IMO)

s h

hiboy

hiboy

Like sky said.. veg with t5s for no heat buildup
Is your can filter cooling your lights or is it just pushing air out of the room?
Temps in your flower room will help make a decision on how to duct it. Is your air intake just a hole in the wall so to speak and when air is sucked out thru the can filter it comes in thru that hole? You could have a non motorized duct from veg to flower ,,, air comes in from your veg, then thru the hole in the dividing room, then thru the filter/scrubber in the flower room and out

h

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

Don't have T5's Like I said I have 1000w HPS and MH. I think the abient hole should work. The Bloom room is about 460 cubic feet and the fan and filter are rated 440cfm. I will be putting in a fresh air inlet with fan for fresh air.

I also will be putting in a NSA air room air filtration unit in the veg room. http://nsa-filters.pureair-waterfortheearth.com/nsa-air-filters/7100a-7100bair-filter.php It is a carbon filtration unit that cleans the air and returns it to the room. It is the stationary unit. The stats are :7100A / 7100B - Stationary Air System

Absorbs and neutralizes most odors
Uses HEPA filtration

Long-life, heavy-duty, dual blower system

Durable high impact construction/easy to clean

Wheels and recessed handle for easy movement

Operates quietly with adjustable air-direction louvers

Perfect for home or office

3-Year limited warranty

Three stage filtration:

Pre-filter for large particles
HEPA filter (highly efficient particulate air)
EC1270 Tri-media odor filter
Dimensions: 18" wide, 28" high, 16" deep
Power: 120V AC 108 Watts, 60 hz.

Range: 2400-3000 cubic feet

Airflow: 120 cubic feet per minute

Shipping Weight: 43 pounds

I am wondering if this will do the trick instead of the set up mentioned prior. It is a hepa type filter with a carbon filter and pre filter.

Going to pick it up and see. Best part I am getting it for free!!!

hiboy

hiboy

Yeah bro that filter will scrub ur air. If you smell too much outside your grow just add another one

Your origianal question was where to put it.

Yes your flower room will smell more than your veg room for obvious reasons.
h

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

Cool I am picking up that new NSA filter tonight. So I will update on that as soon as I can. I am assuming that a filter that works on 2500-3600 cubic feet will do just fine on 4 mature plants in a small room.

Just a new idea on an old issue.

Thanks to all that commented!

Top Bottom