question

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Was not going to ask for the fear of sounding dumb but then it would be dumb of me not to ask and remane ignorant to the answer, i mind you have only as far as breeding goes have chucked some pollen on a limb of one plant and gathered 88 seeds. So that is the extent of my breeding knowdlege hands on. So my questions is when it reffered to as someone still has the original father plant - how is that possible - do male plants not spread pollen and die. - or can they be kept in veg . I am confused - must they be continuly cloned... try to take it easy on me when you answer - peace

phenotyper

phenotyper

no worries man. Males flower and die like the females. Just take a cutting and flower that.

darkmatter

darkmatter

the first time i pollen chunked was on some original love potions but i didnt know what to look for so i somehow thought they wernt there, i seen the seeds as i went through it but thought, no thats not them,o well. yea got to keep a fresh dad around they freek at the slightest thing too, got to keep good 24 hourish light and treat the hims just like the rest. really you dont really got to keep the dad cut just collect the seed plant pollen and put that in the fridge and keep em movin.

soserthc1

soserthc1

When someone states they left and took the original mom and dad of a certain strain 1) are they continully cloning the dad 2) Are they pollenating the mom and searching for more stable male seeds 3) Is there a way to keep the father alive but this would not make sense because once it pollenates it die's - correct ? 4) Or are they collecting pollen from the plant and reusing. (i have pollenated a limb on my last plant and collected seeds - 88 viable ) also my next step now is ? thinkin take like 30 germ them and look for keepers ? or maybe i will one day have the time to read mary jane botany .. thanks in advance +1 help peACE

Top Bottom