Questions About Adding Hps To My Led Grow

• Thread starter grohio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grohio

grohio

Ok, so heres what i got going on. Im running a 4×4 tent with 2 kind l300 led growlights. Im thinking of adding a 600 watt hps to the mix. My questions are as follows; How much tempature increase should i expect from running it in an uncooled reflector and what kind of benefits do you guys think i would achieve? Also, could 2 leds pulling about 240 watts each and a 600 watt hps be overkill or could i get more benefit with a 1000 watt?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok, so heres what i got going on. Im running a 4×4 tent with 2 kind l300 led growlights. Im thinking of adding a 600 watt hps to the mix. My questions are as follows; How much tempature increase should i expect from running it in an uncooled reflector and what kind of benefits do you guys think i would achieve? Also, could 2 leds pulling about 240 watts each and a 600 watt hps be overkill or could i get more benefit with a 1000 watt?
How good is your ventilation

grohio

grohio

Im running a big vent system. It sucks the sides of the tent in big time from the vacuum it creates even with a 6 inch intake duct running into a pitch black corner of my basement. I bought such a large hurricane fan and filter system that it was to heavy to hang inside the tent and didnt want to take up any floor space in my tent. So the filter sits on the floor outside the tent. The hurricane fan on top of it with a 8 inch duct running inside the tent over top my led lights. The fan and filter are really large enough to handle a lot more then a 4×4 tent.

grohio

grohio

So basically im pulling the air out instead of pushing it out. Kinda of a backwords setup but it works. The business i bought the equipement from said running it that way might cause premature fan failure. Thanks for listening gt21. I appreciate it.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So basically im pulling the air out instead of pushing it out. Kinda of a backwords setup but it works. The business i bought the equipement from said running it that way might cause premature fan failure. Thanks for listening gt21. I appreciate it.
I personally would throw a 600 in there in the middle... 600 plus the 2x300 leds is about a 1000w.. the pulling air is called negative pressure. ..its what you want

grohio

grohio

I know vacuum is negative pressure. But pushing it out from the inside would also create negative pressure. According to the guys at growers house dot com the fan should be inside the tent sucking through the filter. Not pushing through the filter. They said it causes backpressure which is hard on the motor. Either way its still creating negative pressure. I guess im asking whether you think i will have heat issues or not. Thanks again for your time and knowledge. Much appreciated. 89

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I know vacuum is negative pressure. But pushing it out from the inside would also create negative pressure. According to the guys at growers house dot com the fan should be inside the tent sucking through the filter. Not pushing through the filter. They said it causes backpressure which is hard on the motor. Either way its still creating negative pressure. I guess im asking whether you think i will have heat issues or not. Thanks again for your time and knowledge. Much appreciated. 89
Well im able to run 1000 hps non cooled hoods in a 4x4x7 so will you run into heat issues yes... but its doable no problem

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

A good inline fan is designed to work under resistance/pressure. Because when pushing air through a long tube resistance is created. It is designed to work within certain resistance parameters as long as the environmental air temp is not over the recommended temp for inline fan life.

Can fans show a chart of cfm vs pressure of all their fans so you can choose what's best for your application. As well as telling you the max air temp it is to be exposed to for maximum fan life.

Bannacis

Bannacis

That 600 watt HPS will create the heat, so be prepared for that. specially if its not with a cooled reflector.
if your pulling air from your basement and exhausting heated air into your basement... eventually your temps in the basement could get too high and struggle to cool down your tent, if adding an HPS.
You need to replenish your basement air. Fresh air is vital !!!

Your can filter can be on inside of tent, but also works on outside. So as long as you pull air through it.
Pushing air through ducts will push it out any small leaks and will not be filtered. and pushing through can filter will have back pressure and leaks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom