Questions About Hydro Growing.

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Betico

Betico

hey all I've recentl decided to try and transition to hydro from soil.

What I'm using.

5 gal reservoir buckets with flora series nutes.
Medium is coco fibers.

I've been able to get pH at 6 I didn't put too many nutes for fear of burning em just used a 1/2 tsp of each for 4 gals of water. Yet they still seemed burnt or leaves started to get crispy. Could anyone explain to me what I might be doing wrong?

Finally I'm using 1000 watt LED

Water is not too hot either and air circulation is good too.

Questions about hydro growing
Questions about hydro growing 2
Questions about hydro growing 3
Questions about hydro growing 4
Questions about hydro growing 5
Questions about hydro growing 6
Questions about hydro growing 7
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I've got a question for you, are the roots of the plants actually touching the water yet? I've never used coco, I just use hydroton but I tend to hand water my plants until It has a few good size roots hanging from the bottom of the netpots. your pH and very light nutes should be fine.

also, how far is the light from the plants?

Betico

Betico

I've got a question for you, are the roots of the plants actually touching the water yet? I've never used coco, I just use hydroton but I tend to hand water my plants until It has a few good size roots hanging from the bottom of the netpots. your pH and very light nutes should be fine.

also, how far is the light from the plants?

Lights are about 2 ft from the plants, roots aren't quite hanging from the net pots yet but about an inch of water is covering the pot and keeping the coco moist. There are very few small roots actually in the water

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Lights are about 2 ft from the plants, roots aren't quite hanging from the net pots yet but about an inch of water is covering the pot and keeping the coco moist. There are very few small roots actually in the water

That all sounds good.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

You got problems dude

First waaaaaaay toooooo much light for babies

also you need a lot bigger airstones and most likely air pump

check out my thread Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

Farmer P

Farmer P

Did you start them in coco or transplant them from dirt to coco? I read it's hard to transplant from dirt to coco, but ok the other way around.

Top Bottom