Questions About Jacks Hydro, Cal Nitrate And Epsom.

• Thread starter HugzAndNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HugzAndNuggz

hi very new here.. i just had a question.. i have been using canna coco and the line for a good 5-6 years great results and never had issues once i got it down but now i am on to jacks hydro, cal nitrate, and epsom with the same canna coco bags i been using for ever.
I have been using jacks going on about 2 months now.. i feed on average of 1-1.6 ec starting from root cube-1 gal- 3 gallon - 5 gallon pots.. average veg temp 75-78 40-50%, average flower temps are 77-67 humidity 40-45%, what i am noticing is in veg and flower purple stems and a mag sick look in veg and leading into flower near about week 4-6 starts to yellow early on me.. i have read almost every forum there is on this stuff and i cant figure it out..

i mix per 4 liters of water
3 lb of jacks 5-12-26
2 lb of cal nitrate 15-0-0
1 lb of epsom salt

from there i pull per jug 10 ml a gallon
jacks = 1 ec at 10 ml a gallon
cal nitrate = .6 ec at 10 ml a gallon
epsom = .1 ec at 10 ml a gallon

with my tap of .1-.2 i usually end up with a 1.8-1.9 ec and i add water back to the desired ec 1.0-1.6
am i doing something wrong? do them ratios sound right?

i do not have pics atm ill have to take some with the phone later when i get off computer is down so can get good camera pics for you atm.. hopefully ill have some pics up tomorrow when i get into work for you.

ocgreens

ocgreens

You do not need to add epsom salt when using Jacks. It has more than enough Mg and S. I would just start using Jacks at the amounts they recommend on the bag, which is 3.7 grams per gallon of 5-12-26 and 2.5 grams per gallon of Calnit. Also I would try and raise your humidity between 55% and 60%.

H

HugzAndNuggz

i dunno how its now what they recommend? the stock solution recipe they had clearly stated Up To 3lbs per gallon from that Stock Solution i can pull from that to get the desired EC. the mag was added for the mag hungry strains i have as recommended from the 3/2/1 ratio from many other growers using it and it helps balance out the potassium levels in coco coir with little more mag added correct?
Even with my ratios of the stock solution one should still be able to pull from them to make the correct ec needed.. and personally i could not feed the EC the amount that jacks says it would burn my plants and or heavy nitrogen curl.. humidity i agree could be raised a little but i dont think this is an issue with the environment seeing i never had these issues with my regime before.. new nutes means new manipulation getting it honed in for my strains and environment

6448   Copy
6449   Copy
ATT 1458916505276 6461   Copy
6440   Copy
ATT 1458916602031 6444   Copy
ATT 1458916609715 6441   Copy
ATT 1458916633724 6443   Copy
H

HugzAndNuggz

past 2 nights i did take out the epsom and just went by ec did about 40 ml per 5 gallons brought me up to about .9 ec and add about 40 ml of the cal nitrate which brought it up .6 ec in total was 1.5-1.6 ec after ph to 5.5-5.9.. i fed all the big gals with that ec then watered it down to about 1.2 ec for the cups

ocgreens

ocgreens

Your plants are definitely deficient in veg. When I switched to jacks I also made this mistake. You don't need to feed them a lower EC. I feed all my plants at least a 1.6 EC from rooted clone to my big mothers.

I don't make stock solutions of Jacks because I don't like the extra step and having bottles of liquid around. I just add the the powder straight to my rez and mix.

The PPMs for using recommended amounts are 152-51-211-125-62-80 (N-P-K-CA-MG-S) which are nearly perfect imo.
You can play with these by adding more cal nit in veg and more jacks in flower.

Also I know you said you tap is a low EC but I would still use or RO or at least get your water tested to see whats in there. Most taps contain a lot of Mg and Calcium already.

H

HugzAndNuggz

thanks... ill have to see what happens then probably gonna mix up a batch from powder see what the EC is then keep pulling from the stock solution thanks again

Top Bottom