Questions About My Annual Outdoor Grow (not So Good At Soil Grows)

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

i dont use anything bigger than a home depot 5 gal bucket outdoors,then wrap insulation around bucket,the silver bubble type,i dig about 6in into the soil were buckets are gonna be so the ground will help cool them in the heat,there a quick escape if need be as long as you dont think your gonna use the handle hahaha,wont happen,but ya i adverage 5 to 6 ft tall plants in them,drill 1/4 holes in bottom and also along bottom side of bucket,just around bottom edge,lets water out and worms in ,dig,this method stood though hurricane harvey last year,so works,i di have to put up sunshade for the terrible 11 to 2 oclock meltdown we have here daily,feed KNF,i dont like them air pots dries out soil to much cant keep soil damp in full sun so you overwater imo,but as long as you have bucket in the soil and insulation around the bucket to keep from frying the outer roots,your gold,make a make shift top to go over top of bucket to keep sun out helps too,i just took a lid that goes to bucket,drilled a 2in hole right threw center,then took a sawsall and cut the lid from 12 to 6 clock,snaps off in 2 pieces were you can amend with ewc or slurries

You must live in FL or in the deep South because it sounds like the heat is your biggest issue. I live in the Pacific NW so we rarely get extended periods over 85F. I have had no issues with the fabric pots and I use a lot of perlite to amend the soil and they still only really dry out every 2nd or 3rd day even when it is quite sunny.

They don't seem to get real big when I go with anything less than say 10 gallon pot size. I would love to just put them in a big hole in the ground with some super soil etc. but then if the weather turns or there is a security issue I can't move em.

Dee

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You must live in FL or in the deep South because it sounds like the heat is your biggest issue. I live in the Pacific NW so we rarely get extended periods over 85F. I have had no issues with the fabric pots and I use a lot of perlite to amend the soil and they still only really dry out every 2nd or 3rd day even when it is quite sunny.

They don't seem to get real big when I go with anything less than say 10 gallon pot size. I would love to just put them in a big hole in the ground with some super soil etc. but then if the weather turns or there is a security issue I can't move em.

Dee
same here,super soil be what you have living down there,hahah,im organic freak,but ya 5 gal buckets are quick to dump or move if need be,couldnt do a outdoor this year,new neighbor cleared damn near whole fence line and privacy,his property got respect it,bro i live in south stinging biting sticking south texas,we been in triple digits for a month now,got a cold front moved in past weekend,got to 96 was a great relief too,i did get 2 harvest before the heat set in,started my garden in january,aint no summer gardens here,lmao,if it was legal here i would already have pr,ime spots for outdoor,if the sun act right i could have 15 ft tall hedges here isnt any winter,just summer and fall,fall is the middle of summer were every thing falls over,my yard all flowers plants and even grass thats left look like melted wax,hahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if your state is legal,shit get a compost pile going for next year and plant them right in the middle that bitch,there all your microbes,life and moisture all in one,feed too,they will show you how much they love ya

DGP

DGP

if your state is legal,shit get a compost pile going for next year and plant them right in the middle that bitch,there all your microbes,life and moisture all in one,feed too,they will show you how much they love ya

We still have security issues though, if I planted em in the ground I would have to rig some trip wires to some sirens or something like that. So many thieves around. My neighbors are pretty cool about it. Still need to rig some alarms for my crop cause they will try to walk away with them pots and all or they will rip em outta the ground and run.

Yeah your state is hard core anti-cannabis. So much ignorance in this country about cannabis. OMG reefer madness.....

Dee

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

We still have security issues though, if I planted em in the ground I would have to rig some trip wires to some sirens or something like that. So many thieves around. My neighbors are pretty cool about it. Still need to rig some alarms for my crop cause they will try to walk away with them pots and all or they will rip em outta the ground and run.

Yeah your state is hard core anti-cannabis. So much ignorance in this country about cannabis. OMG reefer madness.....

Dee
ya thats why i dig down 6 to 8 inchs were the bucket can be cool from termal source and worms still get in to work,thieves on the other hand,best security money can buy is gunnies,loud bastards,but if a snake come in that yard you will know,hahah,thieves got nothing for them,it so easy to just grow your own,in mid 70s i grew right in the suburbs of dallas chain link fence and all never had one stole,took tothe woods for big crops,bandits hit me every time,started using hog trails along side a slough or river bank were you had to wade across creek to get to them then crawl into the hog trails to workum,they didnt wont no part that shit,lmao

DGP

DGP

ya thats why i dig down 6 to 8 inchs were the bucket can be cool from termal source and worms still get in to work,thieves on the other hand,best security money can buy is gunnies,loud bastards,but if a snake come in that yard you will know,hahah,thieves got nothing for them,it so easy to just grow your own,in mid 70s i grew right in the suburbs of dallas chain link fence and all never had one stole,took tothe woods for big crops,bandits hit me every time,started using hog trails along side a slough or river bank were you had to wade across creek to get to them then crawl into the hog trails to workum,they didnt wont no part that shit,lmao
Always wanted to bowhunt the javelinas down there in your state! Was going to hunt
pigs while in Hawaii this year but the vacation got cancelled then the island started to erupt and never rescheduled....would have liked to get some seeds while I was there.

Dee

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Always wanted to bowhunt the javelinas down there in your state! Was going to hunt
pigs while in Hawaii this year but the vacation got cancelled then the island started to erupt and never rescheduled....would have liked to get some seeds while I was there.

Dee
right on the seeds hahah,javelinas,oossh nasty nasty pig,never have seen anyone cook one that was good yuck bigtime ,wild hogs on the other hand ,no shortage of them and damn good eating no matter what anyone says,and damn sure better than domestic pigs,i tried about 30 yrs ago to get a wild sow and javelina to breed didnt happen,they didnt try to kill each other though,found out while in captvity wild hogs wont breed,maybe that the solution to the so called problem we have with them,problem is ranchers charging a restock fee for something wild and a minumum of a 2 day hunt package go for 1k to 3 k depending on ranch,there the wild hog problem,the folk that dont have lots of land have to deal with the hogs tearing everything up while ranchers just buy more land lmA

DGP

DGP

I guess I meant wild pigs cause they do taste good. Had no idea they were charging so much to hunt them. Seems like the farmers down there would encourage it for free to get rid of them since they are non-native and super destructive. Anyway, with the weather you guys have there you probably get several outdoor grows in per year.

Texas is so unfriendly to cannabis. Seems like you and fellow Texans who grow are taking big risks. I have a great appreciation for the people in the past as well as today that took those risks and developed the canna grow methods for us. They are the heroes that paid the price for me. Over the years the media and authorities have characterized cannabis folks as evil, and terrible sub-humans. As I have entered the cannabis world over the years I have found that the people involved are generally nicer and more generous than any group in our country. Totally opposite what the media and police characterized us as....just day and night different. The growers and breeders I have met locally just give and give whether it is RSO for someone with cancer or epilepsy or seeds and cuts to other growers. Mostly a group of the finest humans you would ever meet.

I met up with a breeder the other day and went home with some of his best genetics that he just handed to me as a gift.

Dee

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I guess I meant wild pigs cause they do taste good. Had no idea they were charging so much to hunt them. Seems like the farmers down there would encourage it for free to get rid of them since they are non-native and super destructive. Anyway, with the weather you guys have there you probably get several outdoor grows in per year.

Texas is so unfriendly to cannabis. Seems like you and fellow Texans who grow are taking big risks. I have a great appreciation for the people in the past as well as today that took those risks and developed the canna grow methods for us. They are the heroes that paid the price for me. Over the years the media and authorities have characterized cannabis folks as evil, and terrible sub-humans. As I have entered the cannabis world over the years I have found that the people involved are generally nicer and more generous than any group in our country. Totally opposite what the media and police characterized us as....just day and night different. The growers and breeders I have met locally just give and give whether it is RSO for someone with cancer or epilepsy or seeds and cuts to other growers. Mostly a group of the finest humans you would ever meet.

I met up with a breeder the other day and went home with some of his best genetics that he just handed to me as a gift.

Dee
see the farmers rotate crops and do the best they can with that,doesnt by no means pay them notes for morgage,equitment and taxs,so during off time from that and by rotating crops they open those fields of dreams to the first person that will pay 5k for a set of horns,they dont keep the meat just horns,after deer season they then do 2 day hunts for hogs and exotics all year round,depending on the size of hog,they charge a restock fee for a free hog some ole boy caught and sold ilegal,then you have to pay the guide,there is no unguided hunts,then butchering and process,thats were the meat gets saved by the ranch,so hunters pay there bills and feed them if you dig,as far as growing medicine,i take more chances driving down my local hiway,no shit go armed or go home dig,been growing since i was 14 and always been cool up until nixon took office,we grew in are own back yards,cops didnt care ,if you werent stirring shit,they didnt mess with you,so nixon blames all the herion and weed additions on the war,wrong,you want to know why cars were lemons back in the day,because the assembly lines were herion addict,unions and mob kept them supplied daily and hourly,so nixon put the law in effect and any person of sound mind has never seen a overdose off weed,at least ive never heard of it,maybe laced with pcp was about as hard folk go back then,so nixon forced everyone under ground and didnt stop shit and then the rebellion came and is still here,dont care if texas made it legal,i would still be a outlaw,they want to know anything about me,search for it,i aint coming to them with it,i look at it this way,if it was legal for the folks that go threw the process,outlaws wouldnt have the life sentence they do now if you dig,when the federal gov lifts the ban,then i come out the closet and give you folk a run for the money hahahah,no really i grow enough for me and 1 girl friend and my wife,she dont like head hugh but like the numbing shit for her MS,so 1 19ft tall 8ft wide bush do me just fine for a year,lmao

Top Bottom