Questions about Raskal and Reserva genetics and about Kushes in general

• Thread starter papaduc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

papaduc

K, here it is, I'm a UK grower on an exploration of kushville. I've done Reserva's headband and OG, so that's my benchmark for the Kush strains. Now I've got lost coast OG from the ET and have been waiting for a while for Raskal to drop his wares here.

So how does Raskal's stuff compare to the RP gear?

One thing I've found from the headband and OG is that they're very very similar in taste smell and appearance, enough so that I'd say the purchase of both is a bit of a waste of time, although both are very nice smokes.

So it's got me thinking; are those traits what I'll find in most Kushes?

Give me an idea of the diversity between them, which ones would you say were pretty much similar, and what would you recommend if my priority is to find unique traits amongst them?

j wizzle

j wizzle

i have the og from RP and a ton of raskals gear. i would say they are very similar. the fire OG isnt really like the OG from RP though. i think the RP OG is a better yielder overall, and remember its all in the pheno you get. both are dank, but i think raskals gear is a little better, slightly more frosted. all dank though.

M

MTM

Reserve privada is not even in the same leage.Reserve is good but it does not even compare to OGR gear...Ive had DNAs OG and X-18 and both were dank...DNA and RP are the same dudes

S

SourPatchSwag

OG #18 is popular around here....

I've seen very good results from a pheno of RP OG #18 that has been floating around nor cal and it outstanding.... and the raskal cut that i've seen is so so .... so like he said its a pheno game.... if you pick up some raskal run all ten and you should be able to pull something out to die for.... If you just stay in the sours like Headband and diff OGs the results will be very similar. For look into master kush, bubba kush or crosses

Venom818

Venom818

I have ran both and there not even on the same level.RP og and there #18 is some cool smoke dont get me wrong but raskals whitefire for example is some of the finest smoke i have toked on bro do yourself a favor and grab all the raskal gear you can.

B

Badmf

Some of you are confused; Raskal's OG is produced by Cali Connection (Swerve) not OG Raskal.
Don't compare Raskals OG from Cali Connection to OG Raskals gear, it is quite different. Also OG 18 by RP is nice but not the best representation of OG. Most of what's out there are hybrids and it's hit or miss. Some are really good and others not so much. You will find the further you are from Cali, the harder it is to get. Any "Dam seed bank saying "they" have genetically created this is full of it too lol. They went so far as to try and deflate the great genetics in a rant on Youtube only because they didnt have em!
Check this for some good pix of OG http://www.fadedfools.com/

P

papaduc

To be fair there wasn't much difference between the phenotypes in the RP range, they were very very similar in terms of smell taste etc. That's actually why I posted, because I don't want to grow the same strain under a different name time and again, know what I mean. They've all got that peppery aniseed funky vibe to them and they are a nice smoke, but I'm looking for something with a twist to it, to take it off in another direction.

If you were to put raskal's gear, and the cali stuff in general, in categories of taste etc, how would it line up?

Here'sthe RP headband I grew. The OG is almost identical.

SDC10555
SDC10556
SDC10567
SDC10573
SDC10563
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
In answer to your question, from someone who had ran allot of breeders seed ogs and a few of the clone onlys, if you plant decent og seeds, be them from larry, ghost, fire, sfv, xxx etc then expect 90 % of phenos to be, well, kushy. Meaty fuely yummy.

Of course what will vary is the odd phenos that lean toward the differing males used in each cross from differing breeders.

Essentially unless your one of those must have every cut under the sun type person, find an og that you like or perhaps a couple. Hold em and move on to new things. Don't get hung up on the kush..... It's great but so are others. Like with all strains. Variety is the key. I for one would get ver board quick if all my moms were different kushes.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Some of you are confused; Raskal's OG is produced by Cali Connection (Swerve) not OG Raskal.
Don't compare Raskals OG from Cali Connection to OG Raskals gear, it is quite different. Also OG 18 by RP is nice but not the best representation of OG. Most of what's out there are hybrids and it's hit or miss. Some are really good and others not so much. You will find the further you are from Cali, the harder it is to get. Any "Dam seed bank saying "they" have genetically created this is full of it too lol. They went so far as to try and deflate the great genetics in a rant on Youtube only because they didnt have em!
Check this for some good pix of OG http://www.fadedfools.com/

where can i find this rant on yt?

slausongardens

slausongardens

where can i find this rant on yt?

dont worry its not worth it, basically the dutch dont think theres such thing as an og kush, they think our kushes are the same as there masters and hindus and shit, they dont understand we have our own kushes that are a million times better then anything they have.. they think were just using dutch genetics and hyping them up on the net and naming them og kush..

they thought the same thing about the purples when they came out, they thought we were all hype off the bullshit strains that turn purple in the cold, they didnt understand we had our own purples that were smashing on anything they had, they tasted, smelled, and looked 100% purple

california clone onlys are better then anything theyve made and they refuse to believe it.. so they make shit up..

Illmind

Illmind

california clone onlys? lol. all your so called cali kushes are 100% not from ca. is it possible some of them are from dutch genes oh hell ya. they've been around since the beginning and played a huge role on where we are today, not the other way around. perhaps if cali wasn't such a hype and name game we would know the actual origins of some of the clones because bubba and og are not cali landraces lol, and if one thinks they are then they have a lot to learn. my guess most cuts were smuggled in by immagrants and or soldiers sourced from other states / countries. as for dna and raskal gear go raskal all day. cali kushes lol gotta love the irony.

P

papaduc

california clone onlys? lol. all your so called cali kushes are 100% not from ca. is it possible some of them are from dutch genes oh hell ya. they've been around since the beginning and played a huge role on where we are today, not the other way around. perhaps if cali wasn't such a hype and name game we would know the actual origins of some of the clones because bubba and og are not cali landraces lol, and if one thinks they are then they have a lot to learn. my guess most cuts were smuggled in by immagrants and or soldiers sourced from other states / countries. as for dna and raskal gear go raskal all day. cali kushes lol gotta love the irony.

Well said mate.

B

Badmf

Just to set you straight, The Amsterdam area is not indiginous to any MJ nor is any adjacent area. When the first seed banks arrived in Amsterdam they had beans from Cali which came from all over the planet. Yes, from returning vet, musicians and travelers. The various crosses and hybrids along with some fems, btw the Dutch didn't start this either, fyi. So the origin is never argued, as the Dutch don't have land races growing there either.
The extreme legal situation here in the US was impossible, to get nabbed with seeds legally drastic, as they counted each seed as a plant and each plant at a weight which gave you a Timex watch. IOWs you did major time. So some left for better legal countries including Holland (the Netherlands, lol).
Check the history on the oldest seed banks some of which are defunct. This is not to say any OG or Bubba is a land race I never read anyone claiming that. And what difference does that make anyway? The fact that there are Fire strains not anywhere else because of dedicated breeders and some lucky pollen chuckers is not the issue. But to call Cali hype you are misled. They have capitalized certainly on the popularity of the OG and Kush names, this doesn't make the smoke less potent or the taste less appealing.
There are good genetics from Amsterdam and from Cali, both have originated elsewhere. I've bred seeds since 1969 and have travelled far and wide including the Kush regions. There was a group in the 60's known as the Brotherhood of Eternal Love many many bricks of MJ were transported into the US. So instead of throwing mud at either location, enjoy the fruits of the many many who sacrifice time and expense to breed. I could tell you how the first HT Cups were rigged and many bought seeds only to be disappointed. This is no less a criime than someone naming anything an OG or Bubba just to sell it. This YT video link I posted yesterday was removed or deleted but not by me!
There is no monopoly on great genetics anywhere, I'm just glad I can share in others efforts as well as share my own. BTW a Cali Clone Only is in existence and is fire but you don't have to believe it! Peace Bad... It's all about economics, seed companies felt threatened and I know who you are.

slausongardens

slausongardens

of course theyre not landraces, og kush is barely a kush, its just the name, theyre not naturally from california but california is where they were crossed and bred. ogs and bubbas are not even landraces, they are hybrids, hybrids that were made in california, no? amsterdam has great marijuana, and great genetics, theyve used a lot of calis genetics the same way cali has used theres. its all good and love but claiming these ogs and bubbas and other california genetics arent real and just hype is ignorance, and obviously they think this because they think we are talking about the same kushes they have and we are not, we have crossed and bred our own, they have rarely smoked our shit unless they came here and tried it cuz it aint easy to smuggle clones on an airplane across seas.

but now that dutch breeders are making og kush and others in seed form they should be realizing whats really up seeing how california kushes dominated this years cannabis cup. even though i dont think the ogs in seed form are as good, they might be, ive never grown an og from seed.

there is definitely a name game going on here but that doesnt mean that they dont exist.

im fuckin over all these kushes anyways, ive been trying to hunt out good shit in seeds, im just sayin, the ogs and such are still the best, but they are getting played out, i would love to find some new strains that are just as potent and tasty.

P

papaduc

california clone onlys are better then anything theyve made and they refuse to believe it.. so they make shit up..

I think it's this bit which is the point of debate. I mean, are you saying better than any breeder in the dam? Or just the commercial knock off artists?

It's a goldfish bowl mentality which is prevalent all over the world, whether it's the U.K or U.S. Cannabis is a diverse plant with a huge amount of traits and characteristics.To say any one is the best just seems a bit ignorant.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
It just shows off people's ages and experiences. I can not hold these opinions against people as it's them that's at a loss.

Us folk that know cannabis can be great or crap no matter where its point of origen have a wider choice to smoke and thus are probably happier in our canna lives.

Z

Z-ro

Take a look at 2dogwalkers 'hindu kush f2' thread I think you'd be surprised at what OG type phenos are coming out of his old Sensi seed stock....

slausongardens

slausongardens

I think it's this bit which is the point of debate. I mean, are you saying better than any breeder in the dam? Or just the commercial knock off artists?

It's a goldfish bowl mentality which is prevalent all over the world, whether it's the U.K or U.S. Cannabis is a diverse plant with a huge amount of traits and characteristics.To say any one is the best just seems a bit ignorant.

i shouldnt have said it like that, i actually think a lot of these so called elite clones are overrated and amsterdam has a lot of better shit. im just saying it seems like theyre trying to downplay the og kush and bubba and chem dawgs not everyone but whatever people are posting those vids and making those claims. i think most people would agree that og kush, bubba kush, Chemdog D, sour d, purple urkle, gdp, etc are some of the best hybrids made and downplaying them claiming its all hype and theyre just dutch strains with different names is straight hating. the last time i was in amsterdam was in 04 and purple was all the craze in cali and the lady and the gypsy nirvana seed store thought we were running the same purple that amsterdam has, the shitty shit that turns purple when it gets cold but aint very good, so she was like that shit sucks, just cuz its purple doesnt make it good, thats from the temps blah blah and i was tryin to explain to her that we have our own purps that are amazing that havent hit the dam yet. she didnt believe me.

its actually all bullshit, the whole world shares genetics and crosses shit and remakes and blah blah blah so its the worlds marijuana. most dutch strains have california genes in their lineage and most cali strains have dutch genes in their lineage. its all a big bowl of mixed up shit.

whats up with canada?? they got any holy grail super fire dank strains coming from there lately??

B

Badmf

Good points Slauson!! I've seen good and bad from both the 'Dam and Cali. And Mexico, Jamaica, India, Pakistan, Afrika etc. And you are on the mark "the whole world shares genetics" it's individual egos that F it up. Peace Bad... BTW Canada tends to do short season strains for outdoors but have some nice indoor the seed breeders there often really exagerate the strains though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom