Questions about ventilation for indoors..

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

:bongsmi:I recently bought a new 3x3ft grow tent, along with a 8 plant hydroponic system, and a digital 400 watt hpsémh light kit.. now my next step it the ventilation..
i was lookin at a 4inch inline exhaust fan blower that i was going to connect the y connector to, with 2 6inch holes, one for the air cooled grow light, and one to hang around the top of the room with holes though it so i can vent the bad air out.. is anyone can give me some advice or pointers on how these things work, whats the sence of having one, are they both inline fans and exhaust fans, can i only push air out, or can i push air in with in.. i got a big of questions.. please respond

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
sorry didnt read all qusetions ..........you dont want to create negative presher so like if you have a 4" exaust you want a 2" intake and 4" vent hole or 6" exaust 4" intake check the CFM though you want no more than half your cfm of your exaust for your intake ..............but come to think of it in a tent all you need is good exaust no intake fan you need to move the volume of your tent every 5 minutes this some times leads to heat problems so IMO move the V in one minute is best

C

caperfarmer902

well i done a lil more research, and figured for my 3x3ft grow tent, with a 8 plant hydroponic set, and the air cooled 400 watt light kit.
I plan to put a 4'' exhaust fan on the roof, (since all my holes for fans in the tent are 4'')
Then im going to setup a duct fan inline fan at the bottom right of the room for when the doors are zippered up..but whn there open i plan to put a normal house fan in the door way with still the exhaust fan setup... hows that sound, also i still want to set my 3ply ducting to my air cooled reflector, and the other end to the exhaust fan.. heres another question if i setup the exhaust fan and only put the ducting stright from the fan to the light.. will that be enough ari movement for the plants or would i need to vent around the room..

W

WW Lover

Vent around the room, you're going to find that you need to keep that tent closed up more often than you think to keep the temps at the optimal 78 degrees. You want to make sure you have constant circulation of old air out new air in. Total exchange every 5 minutes is incorrect, you want it once per minute.

S

sparky

use negative pressure out and it will naturally pull air in from any other hole u make

C

caperfarmer902

so if im right in what i think, i can just put a 6inch exhaust fan on the roof, and ill put a 4 inch inline duct fan on the bottom right.. i will mostly keep the tent zipped up and closed so the temp stays high.. while its zipped up i will have both my exhaust fan running and the inline duct fan running so i have a constance air flow, from time to time with the light its turned on, i will have the zipper zipped open with the exhaust fan still going, 24 7 but the inline fan can be turned off if the zipper dooor is opened right..

Cort

Cort

Farmer. you dont need intake fans, just exhaust. If your fan is pushing air out it will flow into the tent from your passive intakes. I have my tent set up like this:

4x4 tent
2 6 inch passive intakes with filters. * I taped regular a/c filters to boxes and connected these to the intake.

1 6 inch value line fan sucking air through a carbon filter for odor
pushing via insulated ducting through a sealed 1k light and out the tent.

Fan speed is controlled by VSC-DNe. It adjusts fan speed based on temp points I set for day/night. That way the fan does not have to be blasting on full 24/7 but is always on. Kicks way up to full if it gets to hot.

2 osculating fans, one below canopy and one at canopy keep my air mixed and plants happy.

My tent stays closed to better control the environment unless I am visiting the girls.

Keep in mind, this is my first run, but this seems to be working well. The set up is the combination of advise from many different sources, both on the farm and off.

C

caperfarmer902

thanks cort for the info, and congrats on your grow, i was looking though it today.. and for my grow room i already bought a 4inch exhaust fan and am buying a 4 inch duct fan with a 4inch to 6 inch reducer and both 4 and 6 inch ducting.. once i have it completly setup which will be by friday ill have updated photos on of the grow room and soon ill have my seeds and be growing within the next week;).. this is my first run indoors and with a grow tent and all this gear im more of a outdoor groweer and been now for years and always will grow outdoors every season.. but if you have any seeds youd like to advice to me id like to check them out and hopefully buy them..

C

caperfarmer902

i went and bought a 4 inch inline duct fan with 4 inch 10 feet dryer aluminum ducting with 2 4inch duct clamps.. my plant is for now just to suck air in through the living room where no1 what so ever goes in not even the animals so its always fresh air, but within a month i plan to put the ducting for the inline fan thought the roof into the furence room and hook it up to a dryer vent type so its not to revealing, it will only look like a dryer duct, but this will be sucking air in from outside and right into the grow room, and the exhaust fan is going to have the same type of setup only with a carbon filter on it to clean the order from the exhaust air and then push it outside.. but for now the inline fan is attached to the ducting and sucking air from the living room, and the exhaust fan will be blowing air into the bottom of the stairs a dead space.. today at the hardwear store, i bought a 4'' inline fan, with 2 4 inch clamps, and 10 feet of 4'' aluminum dryer ducting, thursday when i get paid i am going back to the hardwear store to buy the 6'' to 4'' reducer, with the 6'' aluminum dryer ducting, the 6'' clamps to attach to my 400 watt ac reflector and them to the reducer which will be attached to the exhaust fan which will be blowing air into the dead space under the stairs.. so this is my ventilation setup i started today to get the items and got hafe of them the inline setup is complete its only the exhaust and i got my complete room, so if theres anyhting wrong in what i said or how i set it up, please correct me and give me a hand on this please,

thank you
your friend, caperfarmer902

Top Bottom