Questions for anyone who uses a cloner

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find anything on it.

What brand of timer do u use if you want to turn your spry nozzles on for 2 min ever 15 min? I've ordered 3 different supposed smart timers and not one will give me 50 on times with 50 off times, and I don't wanna order anymore to just send them back to Amazon but I'm getting frustrated.

C

ChewyCharlie

Have you tried the BN Link ones ? They may be programmable in that way.

freezeland2

freezeland2

What brand of timer do u use if you want to turn your spry nozzles on for 2 min ever 15 min? I've ordered 3 different supposed smart timers and not one will give me 50 on times with 50 off times, and I don't wanna order anymore to just send them back to Amazon but I'm getting frustrated.
Why do you want to do that. Not sure what you are running but I run an ez cloner and it’s on 24/7.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm running a diy 8 spot 5gal pail using a pump and a rainbird 10van nozzle because it was the best nozzle for atomization but I read some people say 24/7 some say that running pump 24/7 wasn't needed and would be too wet? Plus heat from the pump.

freezeland2

freezeland2

And let the system stabilize before sticking clones in it. By that I mean reservoir temp and ph. Takes a couple days for that when you first fire the system up. You don’t want to be trying to dial it in with a bunch of cuts sitting in it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I use clear rez, clonex gel, and distilled water. I don't run my cloner for a few days but I do put the jugs of distilled water in the cloning cabinet and allow it to equalize its temperature with the cabinet environment. Then I take my cuttings and put them in the cloner.

What I've found is its best to have extra nozzles for the manifold. They clog up sometimes and need replaced. This is something I've had to deal with a time or 2 using my 16 site ez cloner.

Last edited:
S

sjs1488

Screenshot 20230331 220559
Screenshot 20230331 220555
can always go this route for a big cloner setup

G

GoldenDragon

The guys have given good advice just keep it on and it works fine. But if you do ever find you need a timer for anything else with lots of on off, the only type I know with high numbers of settings in 24hrs is those analoge manual ones. The ones with a big dial and little pins you push in that are usually 5mins or something, thats the best way for that many on offs in every 24hrs.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The guys have given good advice just keep it on and it works fine. But if you do ever find you need a timer for anything else with lots of on off, the only type I know with high numbers of settings in 24hrs is those analoge manual ones. The ones with a big dial and little pins you push in that are usually 5mins or something, thats the best way for that many on offs in every 24hrs.
I think most of those analog timers have 1/2 hour intervals and a half hour with the pump off is probably a bad idea.

T

Thumbz

This is the only timer that I’ve used that had 1 minute intervals

B59006D5 C535 4027 84A0 2D57F80EDAA7

G

GoldenDragon

I think most of those analog timers have 1/2 hour intervals and a half hour with the pump off is probably a bad idea.
I just checked mine, they had 6 sections per hour so that must be 10mins per section. The 6 segments per hour analogy timers are still easily found, the ones were you click down each segment. Im sure i used to have ones with a bigger dial and 12 thin sections per hour for every 5mins but I looked for them and they aren't easily found. The 15mins one 4 segments an hour are quite common and easily found .

Last edited:
Top Bottom