questions for hempi growers

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

going to grow out my 6 clones in a hempi style manner. i started them off in cups so that they'd form a nice root system and they have. they're ready for larger pots. i'm going to use one rubbermaid container for 6 plants.

i notice the perlite at the base of my plants has a growth on it. just at the top tho. it doesn't grow down at all. is this unhealthy for the plants in anyway? if so what do i use to get rid of this?

this will be my first hempi grow. right now moving the plants is necessary at times for security purposes. they don't seem to mind as long as they get their food and light. i plan on transplanting them and trimming them this afternoon. i've noticed their growth seems to be stunned. i'm guessing thats because the roots no longer have the space to grow.

i'm using flora series nutes. do these seem to work well using the hempi method. also, i've got some fox farms soil nutes used in a previous soil grow. would using these once in awhile be ok?

thank you for all input.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

no shock from an is something i use for every transplant
the only downside in using one big tote is that eventually the roots will dig into eachother causing the ladies to have to compete for water
if you keep the ladies small and be very careful not to over water your ok in one tote
whats this growth is it alge?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

algae should go away when that area stops getting hit with light
its not a huge problem unless it gets crazy bad
when it becomes bad its only a issue when the algae is stealing nutes from the plant
im sure theres some sort of ghetto home remedy to fix this but ive never had it get real bad
(all this is said assuming no light is hitting the water directly in your resivoir. algae buildup in your rez can totally screw all your pumps and airstones)

Top Bottom