I'm running h and g coco
7 gal pots feeding daily 5.8 ph
Using ro water and
Lucas formula
5 ml cal mag
6 ml micro
9 ml bloom

Everything has been pretty good
Except plants are not as green as my past soil grows and I also are getting a lime color that tends to have turn yellow some plants more than others. I've been told feed everyday no straight water.
Also have some ?s regaurding additives . The slight yellowing or lime started before flower or additives , while still in vegg
Questions in cocos

entropy99

entropy99

Where on the plants have those leave been taken? Old growth or new?

A

ant87stang

They start like that from top to some mid way. I first I thought it was burn but the plants are lime, sounds weird but seems plants directly under the light seem effected more, not all plants have it and overall size and health looks good

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I know I'm new here. But I'll say this. I have ran lucas formula many ways. It really only works with his method of flood/drain and add back. It's hard to do other wise. That being said, there is a reason it is a 3 part formula. The Flora Grow contains lots of necessary trace nutes that complete the regime. Follow the regular feeding chart with coco. Use the Liquid Kool Bloom at 10ml per gallon weeks 4, 5, 6ish depending on your strain, then cut out Flora grow, and back off regular regime to 75% then hit them with Powdered Kool Bloom, .75 grams per gallon of (H2o) one feeding, then 1.0 grams per gallon and and back off regular regime to 50% one more feeding at 1.25 grams per gallon per feeding of Powder Kool Bloom and to 25% regular regime. Weigh it. don't trust the spoon. Then straight water. Coco holds some nutes. You will stack some shit

entropy99

entropy99

They probably need for N, but it could be an Fe def too. You checked the pH of the runoff?

A

ant87stang

They start like that from top to some mid way. I first I thought it was burn but the plants are lime, sounds weird but seems plants directly under the light seem effected more, not all plants have it and overall size and health looks good
I know I'm new here. But I'll say this. I have ran lucas formula many ways. It really only works with his method of flood/drain and add back. It's hard to do other wise. That being said, there is a reason it is a 3 part formula. The Flora Grow contains lots of necessary trace nutes that complete the regime. Follow the regular feeding chart with coco. Use the Liquid Kool Bloom at 10ml per gallon weeks 4, 5, 6ish depending on your strain, then cut out Flora grow, and back off regular regime by 75% then hit them with Powdered Kool Bloom, .75 grams per gallon of (H2o) one feeding, then 1.0 grams per gallon and and back off regular regime by 50% one more feeding at 1.25 grams per gallon per feeding of Powder Kool Bloom and 25% regular regime. Weigh it. don't trust the spoon. Then straight water. Coco holds some nutes. You will stack some shit
i appreciate advise I have no problem trying to add the grow but my friend is long time coco grower and says it's a great base and he hasn't had issues, it's weird I have same strain somewhere else. And don't have the issue. Both ro
Water and same regimen , in Begining I was only using. 3 ml cal mag and now 5. I wonder if that could be one of problems , for flower I was gonna continue Lucas and I have used big swell 1-5. Then was gonna use. Moab 6-7. Then aptus fascilator and final boost, also been using fasilator once a week feeding
Thabks for tryin to help

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I woould not stray far from GH charts. I have wondered about aptus and GH. Seems no one is trying that combo? Id like to see results from that run. Good luck man.

A

ant87stang

I woould not stray far from GH charts. I have wondered about aptus and GH. Seems no one is trying that combo? Id like to see results from that run. Good luck man.
Thanks brother!! My buddy I have personal seen crush it over the years, he says base is base. Aptus has sick additives but expensive to run whole line wnen you don't need it, do u guys ever flush weekly or anything ??

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

every 3rd feeding water phd if needed with the coocoo drain that stuff hard on the straight water. What kind of lamps, ballast, reftlectors , how many watts you throwing at them? CO2?

A

ant87stang

every 3rd feeding water phd if needed with the coocoo drain that stuff hard on the straight water. What kind of lamps, ballast, reftlectors , how many watts you throwing at them? CO2?
C02. Yea. 9k. Open wing 3 ton ac. 18 chicks.

sdgrower

sdgrower

So every 3 rd feed run straught wAter no cal mag. I heard itleast run with cal mag, I'm watering daily Witt run off every feed
Don't run straight water through coco. If you feel that they need a flush just feed a lower ec for a few days.
Nice looking plants.

urban1026835

urban1026835

i Have run it many times with the same formula as yourself except 1.I add a tablesppon lime (dolomite) per gallon of coco. and also I use my tap water after aerating it.

anymore I just drop the cal mag and add 1gram epson per gallon.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey bro. Didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was said already. I've run heads method a bunch of times. The only time it gave me issues was when I deviated from the actual program. I see u said u were good until u added flowering additives. The program is 6/9 and a little Epsom. I would flush and go back to just that. They key to the program is its simplicity. Only thing I could ever add and not get issues was 2.5mls liquid Kool bloom. And that only worked well when I cut the base in half. I'd flush and go back to straight up 6/9 with a dash of Epsom and I bet ur all set. Those girls look pretty good though. Good luck!

A

ant87stang

Hey bro. Didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was said already. I've run heads method a bunch of times. The only time it gave me issues was when I deviated from the actual program. I see u said u were good until u added flowering additives. The program is 6/9 and a little Epsom. I would flush and go back to just that. They key to the program is its simplicity. Only thing I could ever add and not get issues was 2.5mls liquid Kool bloom. And that only worked well when I cut the base in half. I'd flush and go back to straight up 6/9 with a dash of Epsom and I bet ur all set. Those girls look pretty good though. Good luck!
Thabks bro are u on ro water ? Y the Epsom salt if I can use the cal mag. Same effect no?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thabks bro are u on ro water ? Y the Epsom salt if I can use the cal mag. Same effect no?
I use tap. To be honest since coming here I don't like the ratios of cal mag products. But head didn't use calmag there should be enough in the base. Actually I've never added cal mag just the mag. I'm only saying the more u deviate from heads method the less it becomes heads method ya know. He figured it so u didn't need anything else but 6/9 and a dash of Epsom. So by all means run the calmag but it changes the ratios and the reason the method works is the ratios ya know what I'm saying. U should do what you feel comfortable with imo. However head layer things out in a way that if followed it will work without anything. So flush and go back to 6/9 with a dash of Epsom. Like an 8th of a tsp or a quarter tsp and I bet things are fine. Good luck bro.

Top Bottom