questions on autoflowering strains

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

i'm thinking of trying sour 60. i've never grown an autoflowering strain before. i was wondering a few things. can autoflowering strains be cloned to autoflower? are autoflowering strains feminised or both sexs and they just grow right into flower? i was mostly wondering about cloning because if it's a good strain i'd love to be able to clone the plant and enjoy it again rather than have to buy seeds again.

lazarus718

lazarus718

i'm thinking of trying sour 60. i've never grown an autoflowering strain before. i was wondering a few things. can autoflowering strains be cloned to autoflower? are autoflowering strains feminised or both sexs and they just grow right into flower? i was mostly wondering about cloning because if it's a good strain i'd love to be able to clone the plant and enjoy it again rather than have to buy seeds again.

They are not fem'd unless you buy them that way and I haven't heard of any successful cloning with them...could be wrong though and I bet you'll have some of the peeps from the farm letting you know if they tried. Don't plan on finding a keeper strain as an autoflower...they are mostly sub-par at best. Good if you are growing in a stealth PC case and hiding from your parents or something, but if you're serious they're a waste of time because you just don't get the yield out of them.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Looks like you need to speak with Dr. Detroit, here's a link to his thread:

Melvan

Melvan

I believe that some autoflowers can be cloned, it all depends on how assertive the traits are from the photoperiod parent they're crossed with. If you've been growing 12/12 strains you are going to be very disappointed in the quality of the smoke from an autoflower. I've never smoked any that I would rate higher than a B, most of them I would say are a C.

I received some free Roadrunner & something else auto from Attitude with a seed order and I tossed them outdoors last year. It was amazing how fast they harvested, but I ended up just mixing all the bud in with my trim at the end of the season and making hash.

M

MMJInsiders

We grew out several hundred autos (tnt's lowryder (thanks sannie)) to test an all-in-one fertilizer tablet and during the process I played around with cloning a bit. You can clone but it is not the same as cloning a non-auto in veg. In order to get a decent clone, the cuts were taken at around 3 weeks. At this point (for this strain) preflowers/early bud formations were showing. This meant the clones taken were already starting flower. Beyond the complications from hormone imbalances which led to high failure rates, the clone starts from a flowering state. This basically led to near complete failure on subsequent cuts, much smaller yield by the end of its life cycle, not to mention the hassle. Teamed with points made by Melvan and lazarus718 regarding quality (which was regs at best), I would look at a photo dependent strain. Granted, I could have tried a little harder, supplemented hormones, tried variable environments, etc, but I believe I would have got much of the same.

That being said, I did try a strain a buddy grew that was an auto, a Mini Thunderfuck by Dutch Breed, that was actually very good. Strong, long lasting and tasty. He had a Little Red Ryder Hood from the same that was decent as well but not nearly as potent.

A

AdamSmith

Clone of autoflowering

You can clone an autoflowering strain, but it will produce vegetables, because it has not roots. Best answer is the same time clone and original plants will flowers at a time. So, possible to clone it but no purpose of making clone as original plant.

Top Bottom