Questions On Keeping Mothers

• Thread starter Bowski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bowski

Bowski

OK, Im looking to keep some mothers for as long as possible and would like to know the SOP for longevity. Im not trying to rock'em out, just keep them happy and around for a while...Also, how long can you keep seeds? and as the years past do they loose their vigor to germinate and sprout?
Who is selling Elite genectics that are truely Elite?
thanks Farm!!

Bowski

E

eighty9concr

I keep my moms in 5-10g pots with a 1/3 perlite 2/3 ocean forest mix and feed them around 600ppm total once a week with botanicare pure blend grow pro, liquid karma, and I use the supplements like cal-mag, silica, vitamino, once every 2-3 weeks. I keep them for around a year but could for much longer. I re stock my mom room every winter with fresh genetics.

IMG 0634
IMG 0647

E

eighty9concr

@eighty9concr, those are some beautiful plants. Im looking to keep them under T-5's for the duration.

Those moms are under t5s as well. I have another mom room with 1000w MH. With the 1000w moms, the clones will transplant easier to 1000w veg rooms or full sun outdoors because they are use to the light intensity already. Also they grow faster and will produce more clones quicker than under the t5s. Other than that t5s work great for moms

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Some may not agree But if you are very limited to space Like I am
I made a small area that uses 6-8 CFL' bar and 1 gal pots I cut way back on feeding and almost stall the plants growth,
When I want to take cuts from one of my dormant Mothers I move her 2 weeks in advance under the T5 and up her pot size and feed her well the root system has been doing most of the growing while under the lower watt lights and she explodes back to life very fast then once I get the cuts one of the new cuts from the mom take over her spot under the CFL once out of the cloner....this works for me but is not the only way for sure as more room and bigger mom may be what ya want..
Peace
FlyJ

Bowski

Bowski

Some may not agree But if you are very limited to space Like I am
I made a small area that uses 6-8 CFL' bar and 1 gal pots I cut way back on feeding and almost stall the plants growth,
When I want to take cuts from one of my dormant Mothers I move her 2 weeks in advance under the T5 and up her pot size and feed her well the root system has been doing most of the growing while under the lower watt lights and she explodes back to life very fast then once I get the cuts one of the new cuts from the mom take over her spot under the CFL once out of the cloner....this works for me but is not the only way for sure as more room and bigger mom may be what ya want..
Peace
FlyJ
there you go! you know how to manipulate the plant for you schedualing, nice!

Top Bottom