Quick cheap visual fence

• Thread starter Oregon Panda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I'm thinking I'm going to hammer some 2x4's into the ground, get a bunch of cheap used moulding and tack up some cloth sheets just to make a visual barrier. I'm not worried about theives as I am always home, but I would like to cut off the view of my rural neighbors. Other ideas I'm bouncing around are silt fence and heavy duty woven ground cover. I'd like to keep it around $100 for 100'x6' length of "fence". Any suggestions?

Chobble

Chobble

There are a lot of varieties of cloth used in horticulture that are breathable and allow for air to pass through it well.

I dont remember what it's called, Somewhere along the lines of horticulture cloth, but you can use it for a wind barrier and to cover strawberrys etc to stop birds from getting your fruit. Which means that light will pass through it ;)

Chobble

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Caregiverken might be able to make a suggestion as i think ive seen in his pics that he uses some type of visual barrier on chain link around his plants,at least i beleive its ken.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Caregiverken might be able to make a suggestion as i think ive seen in his pics that he uses some type of visual barrier on chain link around his plants,at least i beleive its ken.

Im a poor farmer...so I use what I have or can get free or cheap. ;)
I had corral panels..so I use those to keep the goat and deer out

I was working a construction job site and the scaffold guys left behind some Huge Shade cloth that they hang on the scaffold. I brought it home, cut it up, and hung it on the Corral fence panels :)
You can see it in the background of this photo. (I just tied it up with wire)

BGbed5 17

I also used some Green Cora-gated fiberglass stuff I got for free off Craigslist
Fencepic

So look for free and cheap fence stuff on Craigslist bro.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I'll post pics soon, I get kinda nervous about this kinda stuff every once and a while a dissapear. Rebar with PREEN weedblock fabric ziptied to it did the job gloriously. Its neat to watch the morning dew evaporate off of it as a bonus.
The brand "weedblock" is terrible for the job as it is almost completely see through, its like plastic with little holes in it. The reed fence is also see through but much more asteticly pleasing to my neighbors I'm sure. So to repeat, reabar posts every 20 feet, with preen pulled taught and ziptied. You can put up a 100ft opaque fence in less than a half hour with a lil help. At around 20 dollars per 100'x3' roll it was the most economical option of the few I tried.

Top Bottom