quick coco / soil question

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

Hey all I have a basic question , I have my new moms started in sunshine mix #4 , they are in small beer cups , would it hurt to mix that with my coco when i transfer them to the 3 gal pots ? I was wondering if anyone has heard of grow tech , coco earth ?

Quick coco  soil question

S

SofaKingHigh

No harm can be done there. All soil is is a mixture of peat moss base and few amendments. Think of coco as a direct replacement of peat moss with better airation and drainage.

Whatever trace minerals or starter nitrogen in the soil, if any, will be diltued when cut with coco.

N

NBfrost

thanks man , appericate the advice . The ph i am buffering to should remain the same right ? about 3 years ago i a grow in coco , of 30 plants , but it was complete coco , and i never adjusted ph once , and they looked great the whole time . Maby i just got lucky with the mix taking the ph to the right number .. I do not have a tds or ppm meter . so is this just and issue ? how do i check the ph of coco ?

S

SofaKingHigh

No problem. I never do anything that seems like a hassle. Checking the pH of coco or the runoff seems like a hassle.

You took the right approach last time and just watched your ladies do their thing. That's all I do anymore hardly.

I haven't had a single drop of runoff during a grow all year. You learn to see signs of malnourishment or over fertilization and how to avoid it altogether with time. People who claim to need runoff and measure it for fluctuation are wasting time and money.

Keep it simple and only question things if they're not on the up and up.

bobby

bobby

Hey all I have a basic question , I have my new moms started in sunshine mix #4 , they are in small beer cups , would it hurt to mix that with my coco when i transfer them to the 3 gal pots ? I was wondering if anyone has heard of grow tech , coco earth ?

View attachment 186620
No won't have a problem. Remember that our mediums are simply root holders.

Haven't heard of grow tech, but since coco is an inert medium, your nutrient lineup is the important part....you should be fine.

Top Bottom