quick easy question. i hope...

• Thread starter ogbluntdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I have a couple of 8" inline fans laying around rated at 745 c.f.m. I am putting together a new 5x5 room and am trying to use my extra parts laying around. Obviously an 8" fan is way to big for a 5x5 so here is my question. Does anyone know, how efficient it would be if i used a fan speed controller on my 8" to use for my 5x5 space. The fan is 745 cfm my room is only 175 cu ft even if i cut the power to fan to 50% i would be around 350 cfm. I have a 16in carbon filter that the air will be pulled through. Question... Will this simple speed controller do the job for me. Or would it be better for me to buy a smaller fan that can run at its optimum speed. Im also trying to keep sound as low as possible on this room (i know a quite grow room, haha) but would an 8'' fan running 50% be quieter than say a 4" or 6" fan running at full speed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bump! I don't know the answer to your question, but it does seem like a speed controller would be a very simple fix to the problem.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Yup you can do that. Just get a good controller or it will burn out your fan premature. I use these and sell them at the store, best I have ever found. I use them on all my fans and it makes managing the season changes easier on my air cooler lights. Full blast in the summer and 1/3 in dead of winter.

The Speedsteris great multi purpose speed control. Three settings include off, on (full) and variable.

Simple use the dial to increase or decrease fan motor speed. 120 volt/15 amps. For use with brush type motors only. 90 day warranty.

The Speedster will work with any fan we sell

Wired ready to go simply plug speedster into standard 110v outlet & plug your fan into the speedster

Speedster l

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Thanks! I actually just bought that controller today and just finished hooking it up. i was getting on here to post my results. Works great. Perfect and cheap fix for having too big of a fan :)

Appreciate the response though thanks!

Top Bottom