Quick noob questions

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Hey everybody :-)

So Im getting a grow tent to do a single plant SCROG grow in DWC.
Il be using 600w mh/hps.

The tent Il be getting will be 100cm x 100cm x 200 cm

My questions are:

1. What size & length ducting will I need, and how much of it?

2. What size/strength intake and outtake fans will I need?

3. What size/strength carbon filter will I need?

4. Am I forgetting anything else? Im a total noob so Id be very greatful for any other tips on setting it all up.

Thanks in advance guys.

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

Well I have a 55"x55"x79" tent and have a 4" duct fan for my intake. My exhaust fan is a 6" 468cfm with a 40" carbon scrubber. My 600 watt lighthas it's own 6" duct fan to cool it. My thoughts are to get the biggest 6" fan and size of carbon filter that will fit. Can't have too much carbon filter but too little and things get stinky. A good online retailer will have fan and filter combos that are matched together

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thanks, Im from Ireland though and have only one hydro store to buy from lol

intoco

intoco

Its generally recirculating air (fan+activated carbon filter) in the room getting scrubbed by the filter

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thank you :-)

Upon further research I may get a 120x120x200 tent, as I was reading that the 100x100x200 would be too small for a 600w

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

That's closer to to the size that I run and with a air cooled reflector it works out great! Yes a scrubber is your carbon filter

irishboiii

irishboiii

Yes Il be getting an air cooled reflector too.

Im confused about the terms "cfm" & "m3h" when I research intake and outtake fans.

Can someone explain those terms?

budm

budm

Yes Il be getting an air cooled reflector too.

Im confused about the terms "cfm" & "m3h" when I research intake and outtake fans.

Can someone explain those terms?

cfm = cubic feet per minute
m3h = (no clue, but guessing here) cubic meters per hour? or if you are seeing mh that could be metal halide

Cort

Cort

I have a 4x4 tent. Used a single 6 inch fan and it works great with my 1k light.

The air flows in via passive intake, sucked in thru the carbon filter and pushed out thru the light and out the tent. The one fan scrubs the air, and cools the light. I dont run an intake fan because I always want negative pressure to keep any skunky air inside the tent.

Top Bottom