quick question bout the scrog method

• Thread starter BongToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BongToker

im setting a scrog with indica dominant kush plants, quick questions: will i have to top all of them when they get to the height of the screen?? and once there trained into the screen will i be able to get them out of the screen when i want to take them out to water and such??

sedate

sedate

bongtoker said:
will i have to top all of them when they get to the height of the screen??

You aren't supposed to be topping when the plant is growing into the screen.

You need to veg to about 4 - 6" below the screen, flip the lights, and the first weeks of flower stretch bring the tops into the screen.

bongtoker said:
and once there trained into the screen will i be able to get them out of the screen when i want to take them out to water and such??

No. You won't be able to remove the screen w/o damaging the crop if you do this right.

You should have access to the root zone w/o removing the screen - if you don't you need to redesign your grow.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No. When they're in the screen they're going to be next to impossible to move. The point of the screen is that you don't have to worry about controlling the canopy using other methods, you just feed the branches through and create an even canopy that way. Taking them in and out of the screen defeats all that canopy control, not to mention risks breaking off branches and, later on in flowering buds themselves.

Try doing a screen like what I'm going to picture for you. I'll show you how they started out, how they were trimmed (canopy control) and how they went. These girls were grown under a single 600W light on a 3' light rail (old rail a friend sent me). The screen used is landscaping barrier stuff, I cut out holes in the screen for better ease of access. If I do another ScrOG I'll use Hortonova trellis instead.

First two pix show the girls how they went in and how they were trimmed up to start. I shave their legs up very high, almost going Brazilian on them. The rest should be self-explanatory.

Before
After
CRW 7940
CRW 8041
CRW 8055
CRW 8065
CRW 8095
CRW 8097
CRW 8141
CRW 814531010
CRW 815131010
F

farmerjohn

Impressive photos, seamaiden. If I may ask, what is the strain & the container size? Oh and the rough dimensions of the ScrOG table? I have a table that may be perfect for a similar attempt, if I build a frame for the netting.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All Cali Blue (Cali O x Blueberry), 3gal pots in coco, table is 3'x6'. There is a LOT to be said for monocropping. Used shower curtains lined with survival blankets to tighten things up, worked like a charm (those side buds came out better than the buds right under the light). Frame was pieced together with 1" PVC for its strength, dry-fitted. Shelving was some cheap thing from Walmart.

Cali Blue gets out of control really quickly.

420king-MASSES

that looks like some elbows there how much did you pull dry

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
About a pound, maybe just under, not including all the stuff I didn't feel was worthy of going into the main batch.

420king-MASSES

it really looks like 2-3 lbs to me but you know ya you did outstanding job mad props

L

lamchop

Are they clones or is it possible to grow sog from a batch of seeds?? Not really got the time to piss around cloning shi!!!! Really digging your plants i want some!!!! Long time toker first time grower!!!

M

Meanbean

Whenever I switched from a satvia to Indica strain in my scrog man I really noticed how the Indica hated to bend.

I was told to try this method and now its my bread n butter.

If you have a branch comming up, just to high past the screen, squeeze the stem right where you want it to bend, then twist your fingers 90 degrees and smash it the other way. it will be a little damaged but soft, now you can tie it where you want. Let a few days go by and that area will be twice as strong now but angled the way you want.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you, lamchop. These were cuts from a seed start I did last year on the line. I did make some seeds (open pollination of all girls, then chose my favorite girls), but I've given them all out already to others I hope can pull out the best from the line.

Masses... you make me blush. 2-3 elbows? That would have made me a very happy lady.

420king-MASSES

hey sea i think you read your scale wrong girl lol

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Seamaiden you are killing it. Your bud jars will be filled for a long time.

Congrats on a great grow.

J

jakew215

one pound for that whole harvest? looks twice that at least. but i guess off a 600 thats really not bad. looks ultra chronic though. props

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

You may want to plan for two screens. I wish I would have. I used one to train the plants and another one to keep the buds from falling over on top of each other,

100 1778
IMG00024

Latest posts

Top Bottom