Quick question on autoflowers vs photoperiod

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

see if you want high yielder than auto's arn't the way to go. You simply don't have enough time or abilities to do much with an auto. This is why i said, the pros of autos is that you can drop with photoperiods and get consistent yield. Photoperiods you can do all sort of trainings and hit a homerun with lots more yield.

So, the question you gotta ask yourself is that do you want to have consistent grow and have weed or can you go through some month without smoking and just growing that plant to its potential?
I grow autos and photos sometimes side by side in the same tent

alanmac101

alanmac101

I
I run 420 as well, I have Mexican Airlines going now. Grew their Auto BlackBerry last year. What a stunner. Check out Brother Mendels. He works with Mephisto. I have a Pineapple Thai Stick OG from Mendel going right now.
Did Blueberry Bride and Wedding Sorbet last spring, WOW!
Look at GoMendel or check out Mendel’s Auto Room on fb.✌️
mmmhmmm i have 5 blackberry autos in 3 weeks flower looking pretty damn good right now cant wait to try it tbh .. i have another 4 various white widow banana kush og kush and some v fast dwarf mf .. finishing strong these little mfs are.. gd luck man. the brothers shit is A1.. so too is captain redbeard.. 101 genetics too. banging beans .

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

IMG 20211220 055852857 HDR
the 2 autos on the left are 41 days from sprout^^^
IMG 20211220 052400941 HDR
these 2 photos are the same age as they all sprouted together

Similar grow times similar yields

IMG 20211217 062401459 HDR
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You do not run autoflowers the same as photos, it is a trade off speed for yield, yes the breeders lie, I have been running autos 10+ years and pulled some nice weight off autoflowers but not like breeder says, the weed is just as good and when my 3 plants leave the veg tent for flower closet start 3 more, so you get less weed much quicker and grow perpetually in my state you can have 3 plants in flower and 3 in veg. A few pics
@ Edinburgh

I like your plants, you always grow nice pretty girls but for me there is just not enough volume. I've only grow auto's a few times now and I like all the smoke I've had from them. The best plant I've grown was an auto Girls Scout Cookies it turned in 6 weeks the males showed at 4 weeks.

I've turned my opinion of them around 100%...I like them in the mix....I can't only grow auto's but I'll have 1 or 2 auto's growing with photo's I can grow to size.

I'd grow 3 monsters if 3 were allowed ( just me )

8 weeks veg Bubble Bomb photo
Girl Scout Cookies auto
GSC bud

Last edited:
Millwright

Millwright

mmmhmmm i have 5 blackberry autos in 3 weeks flower looking pretty damn good right now cant wait to try it tbh .. i have another 4 various white widow banana kush og kush and some v fast dwarf mf .. finishing strong these little mfs are.. gd luck man. the brothers shit is A1.. so too is captain redbeard.. 101 genetics too. banging beans .

Resized 20210306 1555401
Resized 20210306 155606
Resized 20210306 155249

Fruity.Guy

Fruity.Guy

Well I’ve had autos veg for 5 weeks before flowering and others that do it in 2. You never really know but I really suggest 420fastbuds autoflowers! I’ve never seen such vigorous plants they always catch up and pass my photos, it blows me away but the yeild usually isn’t as big.
For me I just like having one here and there in between my photoperiod runs. Potency suffers most of the time unless your running fastbuds genetics. I’ve heard mephisto is crazy good too.

Down below are 2 fastbuds strains the mimosa cake and wedding cheesecake. The mimosa flowered in like 2 weeks and yielded only just over an ounce. It was super high quality just like the photoperiods. The wedding cheesecake vegged for 5 weeks and gave me over 3 oz. it’s kinda fun to see what you will get as I have plenty of photos always running too.
Mimosa cake
View attachment 1198225
Wedding cheesecake View attachment 1198226
I decided to grow Auto Zkittlez from 2 different breeders, The 420FastBuds plant grew about a foot tall and is ready to harvest. The Canuck version grew twice as tall but looks to be 2 weeks longer. For growing in smaller places or faster the 420 Fastbuds would be the choice. It seems to me that the 420FastBuds people specialize in Autos and are very mindful that if someone is growing autos they likely want less time and shorter plants. Both types looked very sturdy.

Top Bottom