quick question on watering soil....

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danko

ive got 4 gal pots with ffof. the chicks are only a couple weeks old. anyway ...\

the soil is starting to pull in from the sides of the container but when i go finger deep the soil is still moist... im a hydro guy, i find it easier to be honest, but im trying to water properly. do you think its time? as of now im wating till tomarrow cause they certainly look fine and like i said when i go past about 2" the soil is stilll moist...

thanks dudes

true grit

true grit

Are they 2-3 weeks from seed or clone or 2-3 weeks into flower?

I usually start in small pots- 1/2 gal for seedlings, then 1 gal, then 2 gal etc depending on what final pot size is.. that way I can water the complete medium with slight run off and know the soil is moist until next watering. Some people do the same finger test, some do a hand weight of watered pot then dry pot. I'm a believer in letting dry out before watering to maximize root venture and expansion.

Roots usually aren't all the way at the top of the soil or at the edges of the top, so a drier top soil area is not necessarily reflective of the root zone.

Hope that helps some. You will have to experiment and find you best route!

dequelo

dequelo

if you can pick the pot up when it is dry and then pick it up after you have water

you may find it ezer to tell by the weight difference when it is time to water

be safe and be well

Dequelo

B

been

if you can pick the pot up when it is dry and then pick it up after you have water

be safe and be well

Dequelo
yup

D

danko

word. watering to day. they are 3 weeks from clone brother! just transplanted from one gallon pots a few days ago!

thanks guys!

M

Michael_Eaton

If the mass of soil has started to pull in from the edge of the container I add more soil...

As far as how frequently they need water (or really when they need water) the easiest way to measure that is by weight...

I hope you learn to love the soil!!! I converted about two years ago and I have no plans to go back!

Good Luck!!!

D

danko

If the mass of soil has started to pull in from the edge of the container I add more soil...

As far as how frequently they need water (or really when they need water) the easiest way to measure that is by weight...

I hope you learn to love the soil!!! I converted about two years ago and I have no plans to go back!

Good Luck!!!

really? it seems kinda slow to me.... cant say anything about the finished product tho. also im using a completly unfamiliar strain of sour diesle and bubble gum i got from a friend so i guess i cant really make any comparisons... did you continue with the same strains when you switched from hydro to soil?

lars

lars

be safe and be well

Dequelo

Dequelo...wassup my friend!? I see you made your way here too. I can't send PM's yet, so I'm gonna hijack this thread to give you a shout out. Hope you're doing well bro.

dequelo

dequelo

Lars My Brother it is a joy to see you here, I am doing well did a few outside this season and at this time I am waiting for spring to start back up

I used those reflectors like the ones you were using my last indoor run they work great

needless to say I am very happy with them fat colas short plants

Hope you are well and your grows are going good

sorry for the the hijack to the thread starter :(

be safe and I will catch up with you my friend

Dequelo

yezmar420

yezmar420

I'm doing my first soil grow and am on the same learning curve..the weight of the pots is a good one, that is one of my methods. Reading the leaves is another...

Or you can spend $10 and get a moisture meter from wally world...I have one of those also, seems to be pretty accurate.

Top Bottom