Quick question

• Thread starter Macdaddy420chef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Macdaddy420chef

okay so i used the water and butter together method to make cannabutter, i put an ounce of shake in the pot with 3 sticks of butter, and i simmered, or low boiled it for 2 hours. Now i have two questions. i forgot to crush the bud into a fine powder, but it was in shake/ small nug form. and i saw that many people simmer for 4 hours and up, but i did see one video where the guy simmered it for 2 hours. So my question is. would the fact that i didnt turn the bud into powder, and that i didnt simmer it for 4 hours make it so the butter is useless? or do you guys think it should atleast have some potency to it?

TexBud

TexBud

there should be some effect to it but that will depend on the strength of your weed. the stronger the weed the stronger the butter. You break up the weed to expose more surface/oils to the butter. Try out what you already made. If its NOT strong enough then re-due using the same butter and more weed. Did you Decarb it? That always makes for stronger product no matter the weed you use. Decarb - Break up weed to just short of being powder. Place in oven @ 250F for about 2 hours. Then make your butter as you did. I test by the teaspoon. 2tsp wait 1hour.. no effects 2 more wait 1 hour....so on. Need more info try "BAKING A FOOL OF MYSELF" website. Watermelon and her mom will help you out!!

Good luck & Share the love

Latest posts

Top Bottom