Quick ? Re size of baby

• Thread starter SCFSYNDICATE760
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

SO I STARTED 18 SEEDS IN A PAPER TOWEL AND 15 POPPED ( GOOD #S EH) THEN I PUT EM UNDER SOIL AND ALL BUT 2 CAME THROUGH THE SOIL...SO IVE GOT 16 NICE BABIES THAT HAVE 4 LIL LEAVES AND A LONG ASS STEM...? IS WHY IS THE STEM SOOOO LONG...I HAVE THEM UNDER A REG 4 FT SHOP FLORO AND THAT SEEMS TO BE WORKING REALLY WELL FOR THE 2 BIGGER CLONES I HAVE, BUT ALL THESE LITTLEUNS ARE JUST GROWING TALLER IT SEEMS.....I HAVE EM LIKE 5 OR 7 INCHES AWAY FROM LIGHT AND THERES LIKE NO HEAT...THOUGHT THEY WOULD GROW OUT A LIL MORE THAN UP...

ANY THOUGHTS?.....
THNX:worried

phenotyper

phenotyper

Your light is too far from your plants causing them to stretch. Move the flouro closer and they should he just fine. You can also use a small wire of twist tie to create a small support if things are too far gone. Good luck!

W

WW Lover

drop the light to 2 inches above the seedlings. Keep it at 2 inches until you see alternating nodes, then they are ready for the more powerful veg light.

Mound the soil up around the stem for support. Do not use anything to tie them at this point, the stems are easily cut.

In the future, sow the seeds directly in the soil about 1/4-1/2'" deep, when they grow naturally this way, obviously paper towels aren't found in nature, they'll push their tap root further before pushing out their 1st set of leaves, anchoring them better, this also will help reduce stretch. Usually adds about a day to germination.

Also, only fill your cup about 3/4s of the way full with soil, so you can add more to compensate for the stem stretch.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

THANKS MUCHO GUYS....I JUST PUT ALL THE TOO TALL ONES IN THE DIRT OUTSIDE, SO HOPEFULLY THAT IS GOOD FOR THEM AND THEY SURVIVE...I THINK THEY SHALL..ALSO, I HAVE THESE OTHER 2 CLONES THAT HAVE ABOUT 3-4 SETS OF LEAVES...PRETTY HEALTHY..SINCE I HAVE BROUGHT THEM HOME, THEY HAVE BEEN UNDER A REG 4 FT SHOP FLORO LIGHT 24 HOURS A DAY AND IT SEEMS TO BE DOING PRETTY WELL FOR THEM..
QUESTIONS ARE THESE:

1.WHAT ARE ANYONES THOUGHTS ON USING THESE 4FT REG SHOP FLORO LIGHTS..I KNOW THEY ARE NOT "MADE" FOR GROWING I DONT THINK, BUT THEY DO SEEM TO BE DOING GOOD FOR MY BABIES..THERE HAS DEF BEEN A GOOD AMOUNT OF NEW GROWTH SINCE THEYVE BEEN HOME..CAN THESE LITES BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT SIDE OR UNDERGROWTH IN A ROOM. ALSO CAN THESE BE USED FOR THE WHOLE VEG CYCLE BEFORE PUTTING THEM UNDER 600 HPS'........

2.SINCE THEY ARE UNDER 24 HR LITE, AND DO HAVE A FEW SETS OF LEAVES, WHEN COULD I PUT THESE OUTSIDE WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THEM STARTING TO FLOWER? SOMEONE ELSE SAID I COULDNT UNTIL JUNE I THINK? THE EQUINOX OR SOMETHING?IF YOU PUT A BUNCH OF PART WAY VEGGED PLANTS OUTSIDE, AND THEY FLOWERED WOULDNT THIS BE WHAT PEOPLE CALL "BUMPER" CROPS...WHEN YOU PULL OFF A QUIK LIL HARVEY IN THE SPRING?

THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR ALL ANSWERS...SORRY FOR CAPS, WAS KINDA BAKED AND JUST FORGOT TO TAKE IT OFF...
HAPPY GROWING!
:harvest:

Top Bottom