Quick simple sentinel CHHC 4 question??

• Thread starter harley34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harley34

Hi, im using a CHHC 4 with a hydrogen pro co2 gen. Im about to buy the water valve for drain to waste, getting one of these water valves

Anyway im in the UK, the question is what voltage water valve should i get from that page, the water valve will then connect into the co2 terminal on the sentinel. Can choose between:

12V DC
24 AC
110 AC

The sentinel is powered with a UK 240v Plug. I think the sentinel can take any of them voltages, but just wondering because iv changed the power cord to a 240v UK plug would this change anything? Basically changing all the power to 240v inside the unit therefore frying anything lower etc

Probably wont be a problem just wanted to confirm before i ordered. What do use think

Appreciate any fast responses from anyone in the know, looking to order ASAP

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

No you cannot do that. You will fry shit. There is not a way to run 240 and lower voltage at the same time on it.
I own the CHHC-4 also. You have to keep all the voltage the same or you will have a expensive paper weight.

B

Bobby Smith

Lol.............Harley, it's Rupert - nice seeing you over here :)

H

harley34

No you cannot do that. You will fry shit. There is not a way to run 240 and lower voltage at the same time on it.
I own the CHHC-4 also. You have to keep all the voltage the same or you will have a expensive paper weight.

had a sneeky feeling this could happen, thanks for the confirmation!

Iv got a 240v water valve that i bought in UK, but when the sentinel signals the co2 to stop the flame goes out but the electric ignition lights up again and re fires the unit, rang the hydro innovation guys and they think it could be something to do with the water pressure on the valve being too strong etc. That why i was trying to use the water valve that came with it.

If i used the 110v and used a transformer, dont know if use know what that is but it basically converts the power to 240v, do you reckon this could work.

So it would be

water valve 110v - 110v socket on transformer - 240v plug on transformer - sentinel

I think this could work, what do use think

H

harley34

Lol.............Harley, it's Rupert - nice seeing you over here :)

hey rupert, hows it going. As you can see this generator still has me by the balls lol

Abit of progress though, remember the ACME/ QCC reg fitting on the US regulator that wouldnt fit my propane tank well i managed to unscrew this in a vice and fit a UK POL fitting in its place, so now the gas pressure is absolutely PERFECT. Just the water pressure now i think.

H

harley34

your right about the 110v not going to work because the way i have it set up on 240v, but when use (americans) use the sentinels im assuming you use 110v setup, and you can still use 12v DC power in the co2 terminal cant you.

Im thinking i might be able to run a 12v DC, dont think this would be the same as mixing 110v with 240v.

Or do you still reckon it wouldn't work. Any electricians out there

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I do not know where you would plug in 12v DC into it.

Another thing about using a Co2 burner is make sure you are not running it on Fuzzy Logic. On mine it say's so right on the Controller.

H

harley34

I do not know where you would plug in 12v DC into it.

Another thing about using a Co2 burner is make sure you are not running it on Fuzzy Logic. On mine it say's so right on the Controller.

them water valves on that ebay link i posted, some of them can run on 12v DC, they don't come with a plug so id have to buy an american one and just plug it into the co2 terminal. Dont see any other way i could use 12v.

How else would you normal use them. Im going to contact Sentinel (grow gps).

W

weedfarm

The sentinel runs off one voltage, in your case it seems like 240. And it will only control 240.

Co2 burners use a wall transformer to run.the actual unit may run on 12V but the transformer needs to be plugged into 240, or 120 here in the US.

You either need a 240V solenoid or you need a transformer.

You can not plug a device that use xx voltage into a yy outlet

H

harley34

thanks for the reply, i got it working, i used a transformer to convert the 110v water valve to 240v, Works perfectly

Top Bottom