Quick update and question before I head to the nursery.

• Thread starter BDH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDH420

BDH420

How's it going Farmers? Well it's been a beautiful weekend and my plants loved this weather. They are finally taking off. I'm finally headed up to main to pick up some super soil. I'm still not sure what to get. So I figured I would ask what's all your opinions. The place I'm going to stocks coast of Maine, happy frog, fox farm. I'm sure a couple others. I'm looking for a super soil mix. Something I don't have to do much as I'm super busy during the summers. So a soil that I just need to add water and maybe a bottle of chicken soup for cannabis or some compost tea. Anyone have any good results with any bagged soil? I wanted to do this last weekend but my work called and I wasn't able to go. But I'm heard up there in a couple hours so I figured I would check here for some info. Here's some picks of my little project. They will be going into new homes tonight.

Quick update and question before i head to the nursery
Quick update and question before i head to the nursery 2
Quick update and question before i head to the nursery 3
Quick update and question before i head to the nursery 4
BDH420

BDH420

So just got back from Maine I picked up the big bag of happy frog and a couple bags of coast of Maine. My question is should I mix them if so at what ratio?

Madbud

Madbud

I would try each separately and a couple blends to see what works best for future reference. Got perlite?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
How's it going Farmers? Well it's been a beautiful weekend and my plants loved this weather. They are finally taking off. I'm finally headed up to main to pick up some super soil. I'm still not sure what to get. So I figured I would ask what's all your opinions. The place I'm going to stocks coast of Maine, happy frog, fox farm. I'm sure a couple others. I'm looking for a super soil mix. Something I don't have to do much as I'm super busy during the summers. So a soil that I just need to add water and maybe a bottle of chicken soup for cannabis or some compost tea. Anyone have any good results with any bagged soil? I wanted to do this last weekend but my work called and I wasn't able to go. But I'm heard up there in a couple hours so I figured I would check here for some info. Here's some picks of my little project. They will be going into new homes tonight.
I’m on my first indoor grow and purple cow indicanja super soil has been really good. I did start amending it tho but it has great organic ingredients and hold really well but I was only in 3 gallon pots I’m sure if you used a whole bag for one plant you could prolly get thru most of the grow.
02080F73 5A37 4F2D 91DE 02F66FAD00F1

BDH420

BDH420

I would try each separately and a couple blends to see what works best for future reference. Got perlite?
Great Idea. I love me a good experiment. I did get perlite and the Happy Frog has some already in it as well. But ill mix some in the coast of Maine. I did have to set up a reservoir for watering. After reading about the happy frog I was surprised to learn it uses the Food web no till. The microbes brake down the stuff to feed the plant. that's my short version of Teaming with Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels, & Wayne Lewis. So Regular tap water with the chlorine in it will kill off my microbes. So I grabbed a big trash can and filled it with water I will let it sit for 24 hours and possibly add a air stone to it. this will evaporate off the chlorine. We got in to late last night and its in the 90s right now so I will wait until dusk to transplant. But today is the day they get put in their forever homes. I really want this to work out and get a good yield. Hopefully a couple ounces a plant. MY last grow last year was indoors but it didn't go as well I only got about an ounce to an ounce and a half per plant. I didn't have proper nutes or soil. I do have a nice setup but it needs an upgrade as i have been using the same switchable ballast analog SunSystem 1000 watt with air cooled hood since 1998. lol well we used it from 98 -08 and had some good runs. But it was my room mate at the time who bought the soil and nutes and ran it. once he left we used it a couple time with good results but the last time wasn't so good. Since we are renovating I figured give out side a try since all my neighbors do. I guess I should start a proper grow journal now. We do grow a ton of veggies we have 4 big gardens down in the yard and 10 fruit trees. We are thinking of building a big hoop house or just a straight up green house. We wanted to this year but lumber is super pricy right now. If this works out and we get a good yield I have no problem dropping the cash for a greenhouse.

BDH420

BDH420

I’m on my first indoor grow and purple cow indicanja super soil has been really good. I did start amending it tho but it has great organic ingredients and hold really well but I was only in 3 gallon pots I’m sure if you used a whole bag for one plant you could prolly get thru most of the grow. View attachment 1133284
Love your setup. We usually grow indoors also but I'm renovating our house so our rooms are not usable right now. Which is why I decided to give outdoors a try. I also have a Old SunSystem Switchable analog ballast with air cooled hood.. its a 1000watts But the ballast hums like crazy when she kicks on. lol. I figured I would upgrade my light to led possibly cobs. I love your scrog net. I think ill do one similar.

Top Bottom