quick way to warm nutrient/water

• Thread starter zipflip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zipflip

i found myself havin to make 4 gallons of nutrient mix for transplanting last night.
but had to refill my jugs wit water with fresh RO water from RO unit.
i mixed it all in a big 6 gallon bucket and didnt even think of how cold it was bein it come right from the ro unit fresh.
and my tap is almost ice cold so...
usually when my water is too cold i'll take a cup or two of plain water and heat in microwave hot and mix wit the cold water and mix nutes. but i had mixed and forgot to warm it and instead of putting the mix in the microwave i just took water bottles half gallon size and filled with very hot TAP water.
and threw them in the big bucket and my mix was warm enuff safe to use on my girls in matter of minutes
idk if there an easier way to do the same but i was pretty stoned at the time and was stoked at how i utilized my stoner inginuity and improvised! LOL

i just figured if ice cubes can cool, warmer liquids in minutes then wat bout reversing the principle..?

STONED MOMENT!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Stoner ingenuity at its finest. Great idea. Make sure there's no household chemicals or nasty stuff on the outside of those bottles, and you're golden.

Z

zipflip

thanks!
i actually just did my weekly washing of all empty and not in use untenils, pots , buckets etc etc few hours before doin this.
i was somewat a busy mofo yesterday to say the least. so it was just somethin that came to me quick an thought id share it .
but next time i'll better prepare myself eliminating this in future LOL.
but if need be i wont hesitate to do again.
worked very quick too.
ive tried the whoel settin a space heater blowin hot air on a big 5gallon jug some ice cold water before and it just dont work. i mena it does, only it takes forever.
same with settin it on a old waterbed heater which ive done before too only taht heater get flippin HOT even turned down low....?

E

easypleasie

I have a little propane gas cooker that I use to boil water. It's a single burner that you use for camping. My ro water was around 53-55 degrees and adding a gallon of boiling hot water to a 15 gallon tub brought it up to the mid 60s. In a 5 gallon bucket, I only had to heat up a small sauce pan of water. Just another way to heat up water and you don't use any electricity :)

S

springs5

sounds like it must have been some excellent smoke great idea

Z

zipflip

I have a little propane gas cooker that I use to boil water. It's a single burner that you use for camping. My ro water was around 53-55 degrees and adding a gallon of boiling hot water to a 15 gallon tub brought it up to the mid 60s. In a 5 gallon bucket, I only had to heat up a small sauce pan of water. Just another way to heat up water and you don't use any electricity

Z

zipflip

dudes..... this isnt rocket science......

i would reverse the way you do it tho, and this is how i heat up my ro water....

make gallons of nutrient with milk jugs etc. and put two three gallons worth in the kitchen sink filled with warm water, doesnt tak long, masure temps before watering, remember room temp feels cold to the touch...

this way outside of bottles/jugs tc arent covered in nutrient etc- nutrients are harsh chemicals and cause rashes etc...
thought ya said it wasnt rocket science LOL jp.

wat ya mean reverse the way i did it tho?

fyi, i dont do this as regular thing. it was jus a spurr of moment "i need to get this water warmer and fast" kinda thing.

but the thing botu the rashes etc ... if i aint gotten a rash or bad reaction so far im sure, i'll be fine.
i mix my nutes in big bucket if i need more than 2 galons at one time of the same mix. is alot easier than playin flippin PH tag wit pen all night on each wit 4-6 jugs, and i mix wit a big caserole spoon. lol and my hands always gettin soaked wit my nutes mix and i ait lost a finger or skin or nothi yet.
im not sayin it not possible tho.

S

sickboy

The aquarium heater is what i use. Also, I pump air into my res's and have found that just pumping room temp air into the solution warms it up pretty good. I use the air pump to keep my solution full of oxygen (like you don't already know that) and I just count the temp management as a bonus.

Top Bottom