Quiet O2 Pump For Compost Tea

• Thread starter BLF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BLF

Hello I usually brew my teas without an airstone but decided to give this a try. Does anyone know of a pump that's has adjustable output? f they're not adjustable but have various power ranges(models)I would like to be able to brew for only one gallon if I wanted to or up to 20-30 gallons in another instance. If they are mountable then even better. Thanks for your time.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

They make inline valves for all air pumps. Just hook the valve up between the 2 tubes. As far as quiet good luck, if they are quiet they are weak.

B

BLF

Im just concerned 500gph not overkill for one bucket? No water overflow will happen? Or the extra o2 just increases the rate of reaction and thus decreases the wait time till it's ready?

A

A.Sherman

Just turn it down, idk if its 500gph, thats a measurement for a water pump no? This is an air pump for bubbling tea, its adjustable quiet and strong. Good enough for like 1 to maybe 30 gallons. If its too strong u could always stick one of those mini feedline valves that fit 1/4" tubing inline.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Just turn it down, idk if its 500gph, thats a measurement for a water pump no? This is an air pump for bubbling tea, its adjustable quiet and strong. Good enough for like 1 to maybe 30 gallons. If its too strong u could always stick one of those mini feedline valves that fit 1/4" tubing inline.
No it a air measurement. And yea just turn it down. But it's not that powerful. Metric wise. I think it's like 25 lpm

A

A.Sherman

Oh ok, i just looked it up, says 60gph. For use in 160gallon fish tank. Idk what any of that means but its far quieter than any other pump ive tried and is powerful enough for about a 20 gallon tea i would bet.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

They are quiet but weak imo. you may not need as much air as hydro. But I recomend a lot more then 60 if you run a redfrog ring. Which puts of the finest bubbles I've ever had. They are designed for tea, but I love them in dwc

Top Bottom