r/o sytem

• Thread starter shawnskush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shawnskush

shawnskush

whats the best r/o system with a high gallon per day filter rate?

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

i use the hydro logic r/o 1000 and it does a good job takes about 2 hours to fill a 60 gallon res at 80 psi

H

hogan400

ebay, there is a inexpensive 5 stage that does a solid job for cheap. I use it, I just replace my modules with carbon and exchange resin from bulk reef supply. I buy it in bulk for cheap and it works excellent. for my reef aquarium and my rez.
I think it was 140 or so for a 150gpd unit. They are almost all the same and use the same parts.
good luck
h400

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

As you can see there are lots of options. The big difference is the ratio of RO to waste water, that's what you want to look at, there is also a fitting you can buy to help improve the ratio. You should also buy a booster pump for your RO system this will greatly improve your throughput. I also have an inline pH meter. You can see my booster pump and pH inline meter, I also was running 2 DI canisters but have gone back to 1. I have had this system for over 2 years and it works great.

I mix 25% regular water with all my RO this helps create a stable pH environment and avoids pH swing. :cool:

http://purelyh2o.com/

IMGP0767
IMGP0768

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Dependin on how much stuff/tds your trying to filter out or how high your incoming ppms are I've done a few different things..I like a Blueboy in front of a Merlin for moderate ppms to get the super action I went thru a saline softener, charcoal charger filter, blue boy two canister, merlin, and then a UV scrubber before the storage tanks..that took my well water from 2600ppm down to 12ppm

Top Bottom