Rainpoint flowmeter and smart outlet any good?

• Thread starter gunslingor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gunslingor

Anyone use these rainpoint flow meters? I'm thinking about attaching one to the floraflex manifold, it seems to have a hose connection. Would turn off the timer feature since it's made for the hose and just use it as a meter, then I think they have smart outlets so in theory I could control my pump from the same app... they seem to have soil monster sensors too... but too many models, some look cheap some look solid. Anyway try this stuff, what do you recommend? Is there another mfr better suited to a growtent?

G

gunslingor

I haven't installed a meter. Should. Should also install on each line somehow, with a valve, system needs calibration to water all plants evenly. Consumer products suck, I miss power plants.

W

Weedeater

Using micro dripper doesnt it water it evenly … I would to see how the sensor works with the valve. I ordered it .. but I’m still two or three weeks away to even trying to install it .. I’m working on setup the Growlink first

G

gunslingor

Using micro dripper doesnt it water it evenly … I would to see how the sensor works with the valve. I ordered it .. but I’m still two or three weeks away to even trying to install it .. I’m working on setup the Growlink first
Send pictures and report!

W

Weedeater

Rough draft on paper just so I can get a list of parts I need

W

Weedeater

Testing the the hose and the mixing/recirculation portion of the irrigation system . Checking for leaks .. found a small at the bottom of Reservoir tank.
I setup the drain platforms by floor flex with the condenser pump

W

Weedeater

Testing the the hose and the mixing/recirculation portion of the irrigation system . Checking for leaks .. found a small at the bottom of Reservoir tank.
I setup the drain platforms by floor flex with the condenser pump

G

gunslingor

I like it, plenty of space, just wish floraflex made 10 gallon containers... they are all so tiny. I like the recirc, gonna steal that, put a valve on it... main flow control, mixing and should prevent any syphon if high. Might as well get an inline mixer. Here is mine so far.

20240117 210354
20240115 202431
20240105 194016
20240105 194003
20240105 193854
20240105 193846
20231221 202434
20231119 220452
20231119 164718
W

Weedeater

Nice, that setup I build out, I seen other people using similar layouts to recirculate and for hose attachment. I thought the pump would be louder but it works well. starts when need and stops when it should. Pressure switch settings out the box is working good. I’m going to mount the pump and compression task to some wood and rise them up just in case water gets on the floor. And for siphoning issue I have a flora flex air relief valve in that plastic bottle after the flora flex filter.

What is it that you grow and how are your yields in 4x8 space?
How do you watering, on a timer? And what the schedule..
It’s my first time using a timer on irrigation system I use to use the blumats and also supplement with hand water after reservoir change which was a 4 to 5 days.

I’m going to use 2 gallon fabric pots with would make my water schedule more frequent.

I’m going build out the Growlink set up soon

G

gunslingor

I have a cheap controller for the pump from ac finite. Doesn't time to seconds, so I just press the button on the app... I tend to water 10 to 15 seconds, 3 times, over 5 minutes. Using the 5 gallon floraflex. Huge bottom holes.

Yield has been spotty, first time growing inside... got greedy with suckers and humidity was an issue... ready to restart soon.

W

Weedeater

I have a cheap controller for the pump from ac finite. Doesn't time to seconds, so I just press the button on the app... I tend to water 10 to 15 seconds, 3 times, over 5 minutes. Using the 5 gallon floraflex. Huge bottom holes.

Yield has been spotty, first time growing inside... got greedy with suckers and humidity was an issue... ready to restart soon.
I use a Midea cube dehumidifier.. it’s Wi-Fi I think it’s perfect. I was working on the 2nd room. I have to get the wheels for the 33 gal trash can so it can sit higher. I need setup up the drain platforms and micro dripper still. .. and i have to place a ball valve one the line going to the valve .

Last edited:
G

gunslingor

I use a Midea cube dehumidifier.. it’s Wi-Fi I think it’s perfect. I was working on the 2nd room. I have to get the wheels for the 33 gal trash can so it can sit higher. I need setup up the drain platforms and micro dripper still. .. and i have to place a ball valve one the line going to the valve .
Looks like a good machine. Just wish these controllers could control it all in one app. With they had better cheap sensors... I mean, the thing you bought is the best flow meter I could find outside industrial or scientific applications, which is expensive. Do you use a ph meter? Wish calibration was easier, 3 amazon moisture, php and fertility prodes I got were a joke, but kinda expect that. Would be nice to simply control the pump from a monster sensor and delayed timer.

W

Weedeater

Looks like a good machine. Just wish these controllers could control it all in one app. With they had better cheap sensors... I mean, the thing you bought is the best flow meter I could find outside industrial or scientific applications, which is expensive. Do you use a ph meter? Wish calibration was easier, 3 amazon moisture, php and fertility prodes I got were a joke, but kinda expect that. Would be nice to simply control the pump from a monster sensor and delayed timer.
I use a cheap ph meter/ec it’s Wi-Fi cost about 70 bucks.

Top Bottom