raise PH to bring out the purple?

• Thread starter epicseeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

epicseeds

i currently am in late week 6 of dj shorts blueberry and noticed they are night as purple or blue as i'd like. i started reading around and found numerous claims and tricks to turn your buds purple. the most common, and one i have always felt works is to lower your temps dramatically during lights off the last week or so.

another interesting one i found was the claim that raising the PH in the last few weeks allows a dramatic increase in phosphorous thus bringing a more purple hue. does this hold any merit? i remember seeing a chart on another forum that shows the optimal PH levels for phosphorous and other elements but cant seem to find it. does anyone know at what PH level is best?

any other tricks? i am planning on letting my plants to sit in complete darkness for a week and water with cold water, i have never tried this and am curious to see the results.

Asphalt Gardner

Asphalt Gardner

Some strains are genetically purple (The Purps...eg.) Some blueing or purpling occurs due to low nightime temps as well as a good solid 7 to 14 day flush. Hope this helps

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've never heard about the pH idea.. That sounds crazy 2 me.. Cold nights works best I've heard about cold water temp works also.. In the winter I get crazy purple colors cuz of the cold nights & I'm thinking cuz my cold Rez temps also

dextr0

dextr0

i currently am in late week 6 of dj shorts blueberry and noticed they are night as purple or blue as i'd like. i started reading around and found numerous claims and tricks to turn your buds purple. the most common, and one i have always felt works is to lower your temps dramatically during lights off the last week or so.

another interesting one i found was the claim that raising the PH in the last few weeks allows a dramatic increase in phosphorous thus bringing a more purple hue. does this hold any merit? i remember seeing a chart on another forum that shows the optimal PH levels for phosphorous and other elements but cant seem to find it. does anyone know at what PH level is best?

any other tricks? i am planning on letting my plants to sit in complete darkness for a week and water with cold water, i have never tried this and am curious to see the results.

Im pretty sure it would be the lack of phosphorous that would bring a purple hue; if it worked.

Pretty funny; a while back I got all into looking for what created purple or blue hues (I was actually really looking for the blues)...this lead me down a number of paths. The whole ph thing I can only think comes from being able to manipulate hydrangeas ....or at least thats where my search led me. This is also consequently where my search stopped. I found that the ph affected the aluminum uptake and that thats what was making the hydrangeas blue. For some reason that was a big turn off for me; long story short though. You might look into anthocyanins and see if that helps you a little.

I also have this here that I worked on when first joining the farm. It has almost all the info I have found pertaining to colors and cannabis.

Top Bottom