Raised bumps on mostly new leaves?

• Thread starter Pearl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pearl

Pearl

@GrowHobo was the one to point it out. I hadn’t even noticed until he pointed it out.

If your outdoor id just let it ride… gonna be a lot of funky growth but will flower again in the fall. But thats just an opinion of what i would do and im not an outdoor grower
@GrowHobo and @Aqua Man thank you both for your take on this. Really hope it's not over - I'm in the northeast so too late to start over at this point outside.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@GrowHobo and @Aqua Man thank you both for your take on this. Really hope it's not over - I'm in the northeast so too late to start over at this point outside.
No you dont need to start over. It was in flower and bow changing back to vegetative growth… so it will stunt and probably be about 3-4 weeks until new growth looks normal.

Then in the fall as the light gets shorter it will start to flower again… some ppl do this on purpose

Pearl

Pearl

No you dont need to start over. It was in flower and bow changing back to vegetative growth… so it will stunt and probably be about 3-4 weeks until new growth looks normal.

Then in the fall as the light gets shorter it will start to flower again… some ppl do this on purpose
I'm feeling so behind the curve with each reply in this thread 😩 I manage a fruit orchard, tons of veggies and fruits...but growing cannabis is definitely testing me.

Also, I looked back on pictures from last year's grow. And I feel like an idiot. I had the same bumps on last year's leaves in late September couple of weeks before harvest. Now I'm wondering if it revegged at some point last year and I just didn't notice. Here is what it looked like a couple of weeks before harvest. Ultimately it yielded around 12 ounces.

20210927 104353

20211003 171739

20210927 104524

@Observationist another thing I need to learn about - monstercropping. Reallyyyyy hope that it will turn out okay. Invested so much time and effort into this grow. Worst part is I don't know what I did wrong.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm feeling so behind the curve with each reply in this thread 😩 I manage a fruit orchard, tons of veggies and fruits...but growing cannabis is definitely testing me.

Also, I looked back on pictures from last year's grow. And I feel like an idiot. I had the same bumps on last year's leaves in late September couple of weeks before harvest. Now I'm wondering if it revegged at some point last year and I just didn't notice. Here is what it looked like a couple of weeks before harvest. Ultimately it yielded around 12 ounces.

View attachment 1255390

View attachment 1255394

View attachment 1255392

@Observationist another thing I need to learn about - monstercropping. Reallyyyyy hope that it will turn out okay. Invested so much time and effort into this grow. Worst part is I don't know what I did wrong.
Looks fine to me

Observationist

Observationist

Overall it looks healthy from that pic

Now if that plant there is revegging you might want to remove the buds that are there down the line, as they will/can break down and rot away and cause problems

Then you might want to watch out for WPM if you’re in a hot humid environment with minimal air flow between leafs/canopy

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I spent an embarrassing amount of time today looking under the leaves
That made me laugh. That was me last week. Bro I was under there so long a tick had time to crawl all the way up my body and attach itself to my back. I swear to God. It was fucking traumatizing. I had to pull the thing off me. Now i prob have limes disease, just from checking for pests. All to just pull them up a few days later. For reasons of my wife being a nervous wreck and me not wanting to jeopardize my indoor operation. Good luck figuring it out. Or fixing it if you already did.
They were good healthy plants too.
20220609 161207

Pearl

Pearl

That made me laugh. That was me last week. Bro I was under there so long a tick had time to crawl all the way up my body and attach itself to my back. I swear to God. It was fucking traumatizing. I had to pull the thing off me. Now i prob have limes disease, just from checking for pests. All to just pull them up a few days later. For reasons of my wife being a nervous wreck and me not wanting to jeopardize my indoor operation. Good luck figuring it out. Or fixing it if you already did.
They were good healthy plants too. View attachment 1255402

Ughhh no! I may have 3rd degree burns from my alabaster white skin toasting in the 10am-2pm sun from trying to find pests, but I MUCH rather that than a tick. Also, glad to hear that I'm not the only one stressing out a significant other. Mine checks the arlo cameras and yells at me through the speaker to wear sunscreen. 😂

What did you find that made you pull yours?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Ughhh no! I may have 3rd degree burns from my alabaster white skin toasting in the 10am-2pm sun from trying to find pests, but I MUCH rather that than a tick. Also, glad to hear that I'm not the only one stressing out a significant other. Mine checks the arlo cameras and yells at me through the speaker to wear sunscreen. 😂

What did you find that made you pull yours?
Fucking nothing bro! They were looking awesome and i was super excited about them. I was dealing with some mealy bugs but had gotten it under control, through spending hours picking them off, lol, then neem and another insecticidal soap. It's not really "okay" to do where I live, YET. Our neighbors come over sometimes, neighborhood dogs are coming over bc my dogs in heat and the owners are coming to get their dogs. And she's right, I don't want to risk my inside operation that's safe and unseen for a few plants that weren't extremely safe. Especially when they started smelling some.

Did you ever get to the bottom of what was going on with the bumps? There guys are really helpful here. I was on reddit asking questions before I found this forum. Reddits a fucking joke.

Pearl

Pearl

Overall it looks healthy from that pic

Now if that plant there is revegging you might want to remove the buds that are there down the line, as they will/can break down and rot away and cause problems

Then you might want to watch out for WPM if you’re in a hot humid environment with minimal air flow between leafs/canopy

Spot on with that. The bushy one in the post above was from last year, and I wound up discarding at least 4oz of bud.

The picture below is from this year. Based on the info from this thread, the one in the bottom right is the one that is revegging, but I'm concerned that the left one is too. Time will tell I guess.

20220620 101222

They were doing great, but the weather this month has been so erratic. Temps ranged between 58 at night and 85 during the day, with humidity ranging between 30 and 85%. Crazy windy days. Now that I look back at it...I'm surprised they're still alive.

Just to make sure I am following/can stop spinning my wheels/stop bothering everyone about this - there's still a chance that these may flower again in time for an October harvest? Here's a close-up in case it helps:

20220620 180748

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Spot on with that. The bushy one in the post above was from last year, and I wound up discarding at least 4oz of bud.

The picture below is from this year. Based on the info from this thread, the one in the bottom right is the one that is revegging, but I'm concerned that the left one is too. Time will tell I guess.

View attachment 1255409

They were doing great, but the weather this month has been so erratic. Temps ranged between 58 at night and 85 during the day, with humidity ranging between 30 and 85%. Crazy windy days. Now that I look back at it...I'm surprised they're still alive.

Just to make sure I am following/can stop spinning my wheels/stop bothering everyone about this - there's still a chance that these may flower again in time for an October harvest? Here's a close-up in case it helps:

View attachment 1255425
Yes… the signs of revegging is twisted funky growth, single bladed and 3 bladed leaves, smooth edges along single blades, new stem growth from bud sites

Pearl

Pearl

Fucking nothing bro! They were looking awesome and i was super excited about them. I was dealing with some mealy bugs but had gotten it under control, through spending hours picking them off, lol, then neem and another insecticidal soap. It's not really "okay" to do where I live, YET. Our neighbors come over sometimes, neighborhood dogs are coming over bc my dogs in heat and the owners are coming to get their dogs. And she's right, I don't want to risk my inside operation that's safe and unseen for a few plants that weren't extremely safe. Especially when they started smelling some.

Did you ever get to the bottom of what was going on with the bumps? There guys are really helpful here. I was on reddit asking questions before I found this forum. Reddits a fucking joke.

We're living very parallel experiences....it's not totally "okay" to do where I live yet either but sooo close. I'm hoping that the timing of when it becomes okay coincides with when the fragrance becomes absurdly obvious. Yeah, I'd probably heed your girlfriend's concern too if I were in your position. I have less to lose so taking more of a risk.

I agree! The people on this forum are awesome. I've learned so much from reading, and am so appreciative of the thoughtful feedback for my situation. I started on reddit too. Not sure how I landed here but glad I had enough sense to not take the aggressive approach (add nutrients haphazardly, bomb them with pesticides) that I was advised on reddit. From what I've learned here, it looks like the bumps may be a consequence of the revegging process.

Observationist

Observationist

Awesome 👌 Thank you! I have zero experience with topping and super cropping. Is there a resource that you would recommend I look at to learn?
Probably quite a few threads here

So super cropping would be bending/breaking the branches down, exposes it to more light and heals stronger, just make sure it’s wrapped/supported

Topping pretty simple

Pinch off the top new growths and you’ll get two new colas, can get 4 depending where you do it which would be a called a FIM

FUCK I missed

Monster cropping is essentially what you have done

Taking clones or seeds out of veg, flowering them, then going back to veg, creates a hormonal monster that just bushes out crazy

Pearl

Pearl

Probably quite a few threads here

So super cropping would be bending/breaking the branches down, exposes it to more light and heals stronger, just make sure it’s wrapped/supported

Topping pretty simple

Pinch off the top new growths and you’ll get two new colas, can get 4 depending where you do it which would be a called a FIM

FUCK I missed

Monster cropping is essentially what you have done

Taking clones or seeds out of veg, flowering them, then going back to veg, creates a hormonal monster that just bushes out crazy

This is a great! Thank you for the explanation.

Pearl

Pearl

I'm so appreciative of you guys taking the time to respond and mentor a newbie like me. Your guidance is gold! Saved me so much time (and tears). If there is a way that I could pay it forward to you, please let me know.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm so appreciative of you guys taking the time to respond and mentor a newbie like me. Your guidance is gold! Saved me so much time (and tears). If there is a way that I could pay it forward to you, please let me know.
Feel free to help other newer growers out as you feel confident or comfortable enough to do.

Thats about it. We all help eachother and not much this community can’t help with as a whole. More heads are better

Observationist

Observationist

I’ve only been growing for like 2 full years

Aqua man is an awesome guy, sharing his knowledge and spreading with others who then can also help others

He knows his shit

I’m learning my shit, I got the basics and some advanced stuff learned.
I learn fast.

Growing a community here as well

Trial and error
Experiment
And lots of reading

Last edited:
Top Bottom