Ramial Wood Chips?

• Thread starter NCascadeSolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Anyone have a source or do you make your own?
Wondering what's more realistic.... Soil building and conditioning in full swing over here! I use my same dirt over and over and in general the whole place could use some buffing up.

Going full blast this year on the All Na'turaaal; i.e., compost tea, Azomite, predator nematodes, etc., Soo much to learn... :)

(p.s. I don't hardly ever 'buy' anything commercial.)

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Wishing I had a wood chipper/shredder though! Seems a source to buy from may be very difficult for me to obtain.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IIRC acacia is like oak in that it's able to use allelopathy to prevent certain other plants from growing nearby. I think walnut (black?) does the same thing.

I use wood chips extensively on our property. They're primarily comprised of conifers, with some oak, madrone, manzanita and other deciduous trees and shrubs mixed in. I get it two ways, our wood chipper, and via the tree trimmers PG&E uses to keep the power lines clear. Those loads are usually beginning to decompose when I get them.

I don't usually mix wood chips into my soil, they're for on top, pathways, etc.

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Pine and the Conifers rule my area mostly and they exude tannin's and have high ph which tends to deter other plants nearby and also not the kind on enzymes or bacteria you want for build soil etc.
The leafy matter and bark fine ground is the ticket! Good tips Seamaiden, I thought about the tree trim guys!

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Indeed I bet they do. We'll have ZERO shortages of those in a few weeks! After all the fires last 2 years. :( :( I'll post some shroom pics after some buckets get filled. ;)

Top Bottom