Ran Out Of Butane Mid Blast

• Thread starter ForrestGUMP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

ForrestGUMP

So my solvent tank went empty while running a batch. I got about half as much liquid butane as usual. I cant get more until morning. Is it worth leaving the tube packed and running a bit more through? Or should I just cut my losses? ...will it hurt the batch to sit overnight? I have dry ice but I'm not sure it will last...or if that matters lol

F

ForrestGUMP

You can extract the rest later, but if it thaws out in the interim, the extract will ostensibly be darker.
Thanks! I dumped the rest but good to know for future reference. Would a regular freezer be cold enough to preserve color for a few hours? I may have to get a backup tank for this reason.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thanks! I dumped the rest but good to know for future reference. Would a regular freezer be cold enough to preserve color for a few hours? I may have to get a backup tank for this reason.

You have to keep the water ice frozen. Our freezer goes down to about -4F, which is cold enough.

Depending on how it was sealed, there could be flammability issues with non explosion proof units.

Top Bottom