Rapid Necrosis Taking Over My Garden

• Thread starter turtletaco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

turtletaco

Hey guys, I've got a very odd problem happening. A week ago my garden looked A+, but now I have a rapidly progressing problem that is destroying my plants. It started off looking like a calmag deficiency, so I supplemented more cal mag (I was already using a good amount). I even sprayed with some magic green and cal mag. It did not help. I flushed a bunch of my plants with some heavy cal mag water and it did not help. A lot of the leaves are developing necrotic spots and patches and are curling up.

Now I am led to believe that it is a fungal issue..

I brought plants in from another spot 2 days ago and they are already looking horrible(they were perfect when they came in).

As a test I just dunked a few plants in eagle 20.

Here are some pics of some of the plants.

This plant is revegging a little, don't mind the single finger leaves, but the spots popped up in one day
Rapid necrosis taking over my garden

Rapid necrosis taking over my garden 2

This plant looked perfect 2 days ago
Rapid necrosis taking over my garden 3

T

turtletaco

I have plants in cups, bigger pots and 1000 seedlings in cups at different ages. The pot size isn't the problem. Also some are in coco, and some are I soil. Everything is doing it, and everything that comes in the room does it within 2 days.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The pot size might not be the problem but it's not easy to fix problems with a rootbound plant in an inadequate amount of meduim.

Best of luck anyway.
Peace

T

turtletaco

I have a LOT in bigger pots. No plants are root bound at the moment, especially the seedlings that are less than a week old.
I have way to many stages of plants with too many separate feeding schedules for this to be anything but a fungi or a bug. I've been doing this for a long time, and I know when something is a normal issue, this I not. I've had almost every problem out there and I've beaten them all. My plants I brought in from my other site went to shit in 2 days, meanwhile their sisters at the other site look great still.

And they are not locked out. I am 100% sure of that. Even still I already flushed a bunch with nute water days ago.

Thanks everyone! All help is appreciated.

T

turtletaco

Sorry, not trying to sound like a know it all, but I've seriously had almost every problem out there. Everything from broad mites to some fungus that microscopically thrives in the meristem. I'm not going to mention my other name here because my boss has asked me to not associate my work with my personal account, but I have contributed a lot on the forums in regards to some of the worst and unique problems out there, and I've been a mod on several forums as well (but not here)

Even with all the problems I've had, I've never seen something like this. I'm just hoping one of you other knowledgeable farmers has gone through this. I'm doing control groups with different fungicides and pesticides, but so far nothing helps. Currently im just scared to death about transferring the problem to my other grows.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

if it's spreading in two days.....my guess would be it's environment
things to double check:
possibly ethylene,out of calibration ph meter, the usual suspects
but in all honesty, those plants look like they were locked out and are just starting to come around
the third pic...bottom fans look like the ec was way to hot..middle fan looks like was burned a bit and the new growth at the top appears to be doing ok
middle pic... looks locked out also/ph way to high
remember to keep a eye on what the new growth is doing at this point or you will be chasing your tail

btw, what are you feeding these girls? maybe a bad bottle/batch?

anyhow, good luck with it

fwiw

T

turtletaco

Well,the plants I just brought in haven't received any food yet and their sisters that are at the original location look great.
As for my seedlings, there are 3 groups in 3 mediums, and none have received food yet and all are responding the same.
My ph, ppm, and soil ph meters are all calibrated (just checked, good suggestion though).
The new growth is getting worse. They were all as healthy as could be a week ago. I'm usually known as a very light feeder, so I doubt they got burned.
As for the ethylene build up, I have a lot of air exchange with a HEPA on the intake.

Thanks again guys!

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Looks a bit like Ozone poisoning, but you would be able to smell that.
Hmmm.
I'm no expert, but the last time I saw those symptoms it was out-gassing from a bad batch of grow cabinets.
They had used a solvent in the manufacture of the support scaffold for the canvas.

Every plant put in them looked just like that after 2 days.
Caused a massive recall on the cabs.

Have you added anything to the room before this started?
Especially plastic items.
I'd look at that intake filter first, is it new?

Just a wild ass guess based on faulty memory, but, what else we got? :)

Aloha,
Weezard

T

turtletaco

The room just cropped out a few weeks ago, but you know, I did just change out my plastic manifold on my RO unit. It's the part that all the filter housings screw to. It was probably about the same time this started happening. I wonder if that could be leaching anything? I might throw the old one on tomorrow and flush some plants and see if it helps.

T

turtletaco

This is very weird. They are still digressing and they continually keep getting these necrotic rings. The inside spot of the ring is still alive but the ring itself is dead. They are all over. I can't get it to show up very well in pictures though.

F

FooDoo

First pic I'd say looks like thrip damage. Or some kind of insect. The last pic looks bad, can't tell if thats nutrient cause or pest related

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Well I see a boron, calcuim, and phosphorus deficiency.
I'll just restate that the plants look rootbound.
But the deficiency may point to ,too high of a pH in your meduim.
Best of luck.
Peace

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

It sure looks like PH generated deficiencies, but I know this is not your first rodeo. :)

Got to be environmental, yah?
So, logic.
The only thing common to all the plants at that location is the water supply, and the air.
You changed out the manifold, and I've no doubt that you've investigated the water supply chain.
What's left is air.

A diagnostic would be a few plant brought in in containers and hand watered from a different water source.
If the cause is bacterial, fungal, or airborne, they will get sick, yah?

Grasping at straws here, but I'd swap out the intake hepa filter and test again
That's all I got to offer 'cept for sympathy.

Aloha,
Weeze

mr roboto

mr roboto

I agree with them being locked out but it could be anything, they look like they aren't taking up any nutrients though. I would recalibrate the meter because something is up , good luck bro

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is very weird. They are still digressing and they continually keep getting these necrotic rings. The inside spot of the ring is still alive but the ring itself is dead. They are all over. I can't get it to show up very well in pictures though.
Just that description sounds a lot like Septoria, but your pix do not look like Septoria. So I'm left wondering about disease, because I'm not seeing the deficiencies all that much. Really, outside the weird burns/spots, they look alright.

Have you tried adding aspirin to the watering/feeding regimen, just to boost their SARS/immune system?

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Just that description sounds a lot like Septoria, but your pix do not look like Septoria. So I'm left wondering about disease, because I'm not seeing the deficiencies all that much. Really, outside the weird burns/spots, they look alright.

Have you tried adding aspirin to the watering/feeding regimen, just to boost their SARS/immune system?
Aspirin really I've never heard of this. Wow does it work. I'm gonna have to try it

Top Bottom