Rapid rooter plugs and germinated seeds. what should the ppm of nutes be ?

• Thread starter faintfuzzies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

faintfuzzies

Thisis my second run and i had this info already in a note book i was using and then i had a flood and all my notes got destroyed so i just plain forget what i did when i started seed during my first run. I need a refresher...Im using rapid rooter plugs and I just germinated a few seeds into a few of rapid rooter plugs and they already sprouted 2 days later . that was so fast , I was wondering how long i wait til i give them some feed solution and what the ppm of that feed solution should be . Im thinking after they get a few set of leaves i would give them some feed, maybe at around 50-100ppm. Im using advanced nutes micro grow and bloom line . after i get a bunch of roots coming out of plugs then i would transfer them into sunshine mix #4.

also i was thinking of changing soils, and not use sunshine mix #4 soil less meduim, but i still want to use advanced nutes( i have enough nutes for a few runs and want to use it up) any suggestions ?

Thanks

Faint

Morgan

Morgan

i think you are on track dont want to feed them anything until they develop a bit more get a few nodes up then you can look at starting to feed. if you are using advanced nutes look up there feeding chart and start with that once you are able to feed and adjust as needed.

seems like you got a good game plan.

F

faintfuzzies

Morgan ,

Thanks for reply. I do have to say that i tend never to use the ppms that the advanced chart tells me I always mix it like they tell me but i always add way more water to lower the ppms.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I wouldn't feed macro nutes until they have 4 nodes. Then give them about 100-150ppm. Just give them micro nutes and organic additives like roots excel, kelp, silica in the meantime.

F

faintfuzzies

I wouldn't feed macro nutes until they have 4 nodes. Then give them about 100-150ppm. Just give them micro nutes and organic additives like roots excel, kelp, silica in the meantime.
I wondering why i should not give macro nutes ? does it do something to stunt growth or something to do with male /female ratios ?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to transplant the plugs/cubes as soon as I see roots coming out of them, I use this with seeds as well as clones. I think once you see roots your in business and transplanting with out roots hanging does the least damage to the new root system. Just my opinion, hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you really want to feed them, feed at very low EC, no higher than you'd use for rooting clones, around a .5EC ([email protected] conversion, using Hanna meter).

Reactions: mal
GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I wondering why i should not give macro nutes ? does it do something to stunt growth or something to do with male /female ratios ?
They don't need it yet and it's easy to give them too much. Much easier to burn them with just a little more than they need at this point. A little clonex in addition to the micros probably won't hurt, but I don't feed seedlings actual base nutes until the 4th node. Seedlings aren't as vigorous as clones at first so I usually baby my investments. Everyone has their own methodology though.

Top Bottom