Rapid Rooter Plugs In Sterile Hydro System ?

• Thread starter sweetpea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetpea

I was wondering if anyone is running a sterile hydro system? and what you use to start your seeds, so they can be transplanted into the system? I got some rapid rooter plugs, but they say they are made of organic material and i'm very hesitant to put them into my system.

Thank You !

keiksweat

keiksweat

There fine,its only sponge.ive used em,I've even used jiffy plugs n been ok.go for it.why you gotta go sterile?I got better results live in rdwc,except mid summer heat wave proofed too much,n killed half me babies..good luck.

S

sweetpea

There fine,its only sponge.ive used em,I've even used jiffy plugs n been ok.go for it.why you gotta go sterile?I got better results live in rdwc,except mid summer heat wave proofed too much,n killed half me babies..good luck.[/QUOTE

When you ran them, was your system sterile ?

keiksweat

keiksweat

Done sterile,h202 .and live with bennies.just bleach out everything ,every 10 days or so,then re new your colonies.bennies works better if you keep res chilled.my thoughts anyway.hope I help wich ever you go with. I always feel as though your going against nature by sterilising your res,know what I mean.we should be working with it...ie....og biowars root pack...cant go wrong...k.

S

sweetpea

Done sterile,h202 .and live with bennies.just bleach out everything ,every 10 days or so,then re new your colonies.bennies works better if you keep res chilled.my thoughts anyway.hope I help wich ever you go with. I always feel as though your going against nature by sterilising your res,know what I mean.we should be working with it...ie....og biowars root pack...cant go wrong...k.
Thanks for all the information. I'm running sterile because i'm using current cultures system and nutrients. This is the first time I will be starting seeds to go into my system ( clones before ), so i'm trying to find a started cube/plug that I can use to start my seeds that will not be a problem in a sterile system.

40BRIX

40BRIX

I run sterile, bene's and assorted other micro organisms are to risky for me. I've got a 1hp chiller and keep the water 63f, it keeps the water flowing through the plants, I think that's the major benefit of chiller in a sterile run, otherwise I'd not even use the chiller. I always pull the clones out of whatever they've rooted in, I always thought the rooting medium stayed too wet and may have contributed to slow initial growth or even rot in some cases.

Top Bottom