Rapid Rooter Plugs

• Thread starter McLeafy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McLeafy

never tried Rapid Rooter Plugs. How have they worked for you? Have you used them in a aeroponics clones machine?

Ceveres

Ceveres

I had horrible luck with them. I use the neoprene inserts in 2" netpots with the bottoms cut off for my cloner. Then plant right in to the soil (Or whatever, would work great for hydro too). I think I still have most of a bag lol.
20171101 195217

M

McLeafy

I had horrible luck with them. I use the neoprene inserts in 2" netpots with the bottoms cut off for my cloner. Then plant right in to the soil (Or whatever, would work great for hydro too). I think I still have most of a bag lol.
View attachment 754813
It doesn't look like you used the Rapid Rooters. Correct me if I am wrong.

lemons

lemons

I use them in a home made 5 gallon aero clones, works great.

I've used em in flat tray to pop seeds as well. Just flip em over and make a hole in the top.

Little pricier than rock wool but I've never had to worry about ph with em so it's worth it to me.

Ceveres

Ceveres

You are correct. Like I said, I had a horrible experience with them, couldn't keep the moisture level where I wanted. Dried out too quickley. I use just net pots and neoprene inserts for clones.
416hIarsNML SY355

139128 2

I find the rapid rooters to be an unnecessary expense. If you don't cut the bottoms off the net pots, you could fill with hydroton or something.

M

McLeafy

You are correct. Like I said, I had a horrible experience with them, couldn't keep the moisture level where I wanted. Dried out too quickley. I use just net pots and neoprene inserts for clones.
View attachment 754819
View attachment 754820
I find the rapid rooters to be an unnecessary expense. If you don't cut the bottoms off the net pots, you could fill with hydroton or something.
But you did try to use the Rapid rioters in your cloner?

M

McLeafy

That's what it did to all my net pots.

Imo the root riot plugs would hold too much moisture and rot the cutting.
I was looking to use them strictly for seed starting but I was going to run them in the aerocloner.

lemons

lemons

I didn't experience any root rot. I didn't use a dome either, maybe the excess moisture balanced that out. It also bought me some time when the res ran low.

Ceveres

Ceveres

No I didn't use the rooters in the cloner, it for me would be an extra expense that wasn't necessary. I clone then go to soil, so I can reuse the net pots and inserts. Ultimately, what substrate are you going to being flowering in? If you're just going from seed to soil, then why not just germinate in a paper towel then into your media? Or straight in to the soil for that matter. If you are popping seeds to grow aeroponically from start to finish, then I would still suggest the net pots(uncut) filled with hydroton. It would be more cost effective in the long run IMO.

You could probably use those rooters in the net pots in the cloner, but it's extra money spent on products that aren't reusable. Not trying to sway you either way, just trying to be money conscious.

H

heisen

I use them and get 100 percent.I cut the clones stick them in corner under a dome and forget about them.7 days later i have roots out the ass.The key is to make sure they arent soaked.Roots need oxygen so if they are too wet you will have problems.I soak them in Ph water for a couple hours and squeeze them out a little.The spongyness holds alot of air so it works good.
I have a 200 dollar aerocloner that sits in the corner.To much bullshit involved with it.Have to monitor water PH daily,make sure everything is super sterile,Did i mention sterile.Have to make sure your tap water dont have any funky bacteria,Yeah fuck all that.Been there done that and if one thing goes wrong you can lose a whole batch of clones to rotten stems.I hate those collars also having the stem rot show up right at the base of the coller.Plus the mess from all the spray and just being a pain in the ass.
Results will vary from one grower to the next so you just have to find what is right for you.Having these plugs to wet will result in failure every time.
I dont even have to use a sterile razor or soak my clones using the plugs.Just cut them and insert and thats it.To easy
20171021 014906

Here is after 3 days from when the first roots popped out to being in hydroton.FTW i love these little brown things.

DSC 0182

G gnome

G gnome

never tried Rapid Rooter Plugs. How have they worked for you? Have you used them in a aeroponics clones machine?
U cant use em in an aero cloner.....

That's what it did to all my net pots.

Imo the root riot plugs would hold too much moisture and rot the cutting.
Exactly! They wud constantly be saturated

BudLMA

BudLMA

Im using root riots for one seed and straight into coco plus for another seeding. I soaked both mediums through ph water at 6.0. Im gonna keep them at a temp of 21c. Its day one. Any tips?

45North

45North

Im using root riots for one seed and straight into coco plus for another seeding. I soaked both mediums through ph water at 6.0. Im gonna keep them at a temp of 21c. Its day one. Any tips?
I love these things.
I just put my tap rooted sprout into the hole and top it off with some YAM micro. It fits into a recycled garden pack perfectly. Pour some water into tray to keep the moisture at the bottom of the plug via heating mat and dome cover. Just enough water to keep it steamy in there.
Roots run to moisture at the bottom. When they poke out I transplant.
45N

Enforcer

Enforcer

I love these things.
I just put my tap rooted sprout into the hole and top it off with some YAM micro. It fits into a recycled garden pack perfectly. Pour some water into tray to keep the moisture at the bottom of the plug via heating mat and dome cover. Just enough water to keep it steamy in there.
Roots run to moisture at the bottom. When they poke out I transplant.
45N
Same way i do it too. Accept I put the VAM in when they go into the medium. Roots in about a week every time.

D40E325A 090F 4C8B A63A 5AA23E72472C
45North

45North

Same way i do it too. Accept I put the VAM in when they go into the medium. Roots in about a week every time.
I do it that way for clones with the YAM.
If your clone stem is smaller than the hole, you can always poke a hole with a toothpick in the rooter to get a tighter fit.
I have a very high success rate with this method.

Latest posts

Top Bottom