Rapid Rooter Starter tray's...

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stone69

I bought a "Rapid Rooter 50 plug starter tray"(Paid like $5 more than just the rooters with no tray)... I thought it had a clear cover that went on top... it didn't...
Has anyone used these just as is? the way I do works good, but it looks good to just pour solution into the tray and wait for it to root...
Anybody familiar with these?

J

JohnUFC

I bought a "Rapid Rooter 50 plug starter tray"(Paid like $5 more than just the rooters with no tray)... I thought it had a clear cover that went on top... it didn't...
Has anyone used these just as is? the way I do works good, but it looks good to just pour solution into the tray and wait for it to root...
Anybody familiar with these?

I take out each individual rooter and dip it in my nute mix. Then put them back, I fill the bottom just enough to cover the grooves in the bottom of the tray. As for the dome I always use one. Im sure you can it would just take a long time and your success rate would be low. They really do love the environment the dome provides.

Some strains I can get to root in 4-5 days with that set up you just bought. Ill never go back to rockwool.

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter
Use the dome!!!

clones like high humidity...ike 80-90%+....higher than any other grow room should be...so if you have a dome, you can have a high humidity rate just around the clones...a lid is only a couple/few dollars....having a lid/dome will speed up the rate they throw roots and up the success rate of rooting....those rapid rooter plugs are super easy to clone with...never used em w/o a dome...but i have success rate of like 48/50 per tray witha lid....if u can get a lid..get one.....good luck on the clones...happy rooting!!!!....Qwon

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

i know you guys are talking about Rapid Rooters and all but
i thought i'd drop in and mention this as an alternative.

this is a cloner made from an ice-cube tray available at Walmart
for less than $4.00 and it works like a frikkin' charm!

anyway, here's a couple of pics and the link to the thread,
hopefully, posting a link to another forum is allowed.

World class cloner new at walmart

btw, each cloner holds 27 cuts and that bin has 2 cloners for
a total of 54 cuts, a dozen of which had been in my fridge for
nearly a month.

of the 54, i ended up with 46 rooted and all of the 8 that didn't
root were from the old cuts.

oh yeah, those rooted cuts were after 9 days.

another thing i should mention is that i discovered this thing
after having built and used, with great success, my own bubble
cloner for nearly a year.

i decided to give it a try because it was so cheap and easy
to use, plus, i could fit 54 cuts in the same space as my bubble
cloner which only held 18 cuts!

hell, here's a couple pics of the bubble cloner i built to illustrate.

15799wally cloner 006
078b
078d
078c
P5010002smll
P5010001smll
P5190011smll
P5190014smlla
S

stone69

Thanks everybody... I guess I'll have to call the hydro store and see if she can get one...
Hey Bozo... that is pretty cool bro... but I dont see a dome on it.... do you not use one?

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Thanks everybody... I guess I'll have to call the hydro store and see if she can get one...
Hey Bozo... that is pretty cool bro... but I dont see a dome on it.... do you not use one?

usually, you don't need one, i only use a dome if i'm rooting
cuts that have been in stasis for a while.

here you can see i just use a second bin up-side-down.

btw, the same holds true for bubble cloners as well, no dome
needed, most of the time.

Cloner3 smll
D

darookie2000

When you water it, flood and then drain. I had tons of moisture problems at first because the plugs were drying unevenly. My roots shot out immediately after I opened the top of the dome because I had too much moisture and everything stayed waterlogged.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

you want to let the plug dry out just a bit that way the plants go looking for water (by pushing roots out) usally just water every other day about a quater inch or as deep as the groves are, and make sure the tray is level or one side will dry out faster.

G

greenplanetguru

Tiny bubbles...

Rapid Rooter plugs work great. I had quicker rooting when I kept my trays on heat mats to warm the plugs to around 75º-80º. I always used a tall humidity dome over my plugs and I mist the cuttings every few hours the first day and decrease the misting once they stand up and start to keep perky on their own. Plugs work well but like justanotherbozo I found using a clone bubbler much easier.

I switched to using a DIY clone bubbler 5-6 years ago and I haven't bought any products for cloning since. All you need is tiny bubbles... I used plugs until I went to visit a buddy that I knew who had 3 or 4 cuttings hanging on the lip of his fish aquarium and they had thick healthy roots coming off the stems. I couldn't believe that I went through all the trouble of misting and coddling clones as well as all the root hormone and plugs I had to buy and all he was using was bubbles. I already had aquarium pumps and airstones from some DWC grows so for about $15-$20 I made a clone bubbler out of a black 2 gal bucket and neoprene inserts to hold the cuttings in 1 3/4" holes made in the top with a hole saw blade on a drill. Within 7-14 days depending on the strain I have nicely rooted cuttings ready to transplant after putting them in the bubbler. What I love about using a bubbler is I never have to mist them and they stay perky and happy until they root. If I notice some yellowing I'll give them a light foliar spray with a liquid seaweed like MaxiCrop or Algamic...

Peace!:damnhippie:

S

stone69

Thanks Farmer's... I've been using RR's for a VERY little while and had great success rate with them, they work really great...
greenplanetguru... That sound pretty cool bro...like to see a DYI on that, I'm working on new plans for a whole new grow room, so i'll be looking for soma good idea's... thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom