Rapid Rooter To Sprout

• Thread starter TokinBluntz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TokinBluntz

I just put my seeds into the RR this afternoon.
How long does it normally take for them to sprout?
Another question, after they sprout, do I just mist them with water until the roots develop and start gettin the Nutrients from the DWC?
Also, just to be clear... I put the light to them as soon as they sprout, correct?
I know these are newb questions and I've done research, I just want to be clear on these questions. Thanks in advance.

V

vek11

Generally for me they take between 18 hrs to a week conditions and strain generally play an important role with how seeds germinate!

T

TokinBluntz

Ok, so what about the second question? Will they keep growing on their own until the roots come out the bottom into the DWC?
And at what point do I add the water and nutes to my tub and turn on the pump?

V

vek11

Give a lite solution of calmag under 100 ppm's (take it you use RO water) seedlings don't need much nutrients since all food is generally pulled from the cotolydons first leaves that are present during germination. You will also want to top-feed a few times per day so that the roots don't dry out and to induce vegetative growth! Less is always more my friend if you have any more questions or concerns please ask.

T

TokinBluntz

I planned on using purified water from the store, I guess that's one in the same?
What if I don't have any Calmag, can I get by without it or is it a necessity?
If not, then by top feed I can just pour water through the hydroton?
I have Xnutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom, Bloom FX, Silica, Amino Blast, Flushing Solution and their PH up/down.
I'm still unsure when I'm supposed to add the water and nutes into the Hydro tub and start the air pump.

V

vek11

If possible give me details of your set up and the age of your plants and I'll set you free! Dint want to hijack your thread but here is a few examples of my seedlings! These ladies are 9 days from seed and I top feed 3x daily. The bigger of the 2 is Riot Seeds ClockWork Cola, and the others are strains in my breeding process Grape Gorilla Chunk. My pH is 5.8 to 6.2 and ppm's @ 120, I gradually raise the pH every 3 to 4 days by 50 to 75 ppms occordingly!

DSC 8246
DSC 8269
DSC 8267
V

vek11

I planned on using purified water from the store, I guess that's one in the same?
What if I don't have any Calmag, can I get by without it or is it a necessity?
If not, then by top feed I can just pour water through the hydroton?
I have Xnutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom, Bloom FX, Silica, Amino Blast, Flushing Solution and their PH up/down.
I'm still unsure when I'm supposed to add the water and nutes into the Hydro tub and start the air pump.
You can add the solution anytime, a few inches under the net pot will suffice.

T

TokinBluntz

I ordered the Grow Tube from Hydroponics Group, 6' tall 3' diameter. 400w MH/HPS lights with Intercooled Tube, 6-4" net pots in 5gal (I believe) tub with pump and 2 air stones. 120 cfm intake fan and 190 cfm exhaust fan to the Raptor Odor Control.

What lights are you using for your seedlings?
I've been reading on growweedeasy and it says to use 1/4 strength of the recommended dosage for seedlings and work my way up once leaves start to develop. And once they're 14 days old they can be treated as if they're in the vegetative stage.

You water 3x daily, how much water at a time? Can I mix 1 gallon of water with nutes and continue to use it or do I need to mix a smaller amount and use it all everytime?
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me along, a lot of people won't do that.

Last edited:
V

vek11

I ordered the Grow Tube from Hydroponics Group, 6' tall 3' diameter. 400w MH/HPS lights with Intercooled Tube, 6-4" net pots in 5gal (I believe) tub with pump and 2 air stones. 120 cfm intake fan and 190 cfm exhaust fan to the Raptor Odor Control.

I've been reading on growweedeasy and it says to use 1/4 strength of the recommended dosage for seedlings and work my way up once leaves start to develop. And once they're 14 days old they can be treated as if they're in the vegetative stage.

You water 3x daily, how much water at a time? Can I mix 1 gallon of water with nutes and continue to use it or do I need to mix a smaller amount and use it all everytime?
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me along, a lot of people won't do that.[/QUOT

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me along, a lot of people won't do that.
Just feed under 100 ppms until you see the cotolydons die back then she's strong enough to eat from the leaves and roots! They are under 400 watt mh also

T

TokinBluntz

So the water you pour through the top doesn't effect the rest in your bucket?

T

TokinBluntz

The water

The water I pour is from the solution inside the buckets.

OK that makes since... but 1 more dumb question, since the roots aren't supposed to be exposed to light I'm assuming you have a way to drain it without taking the lid off??

T

TokinBluntz

It's been about 32 hours since I put the seeds in the RR and they feel pretty dry. Should I put them in some water to get some moisture back in them or not?

T

TokinBluntz

So should I put them in some water and let them soak for a bit or how do I go about it, I don't wanna over do it.

V

vek11

Would be best to apply a misting of the cubes with a spray bottle!

T

TokinBluntz

Ok, it's been about 3 days now and I've finally got a taproot, I wasn't sure my seeds were good so I spread open the RR to check. So once they sprout Ill put the RR in the hydroton. Then I assume I top feed them for the first week or so until the roots get down into the solution.
Question is, how much water should I give them by top feeding per day?
Also, what drains through, can I leave that in the tub and use it?
I still haven't filled up the tub with my nutrients yet. I didn't want them to be getting wasted since the roots aren't down there yet.
I'm just trying to get all the small details so I don't over/under water them and/or waste nutrients. Thanks

V

vek11

Ok, it's been about 3 days now and I've finally got a taproot, I wasn't sure my seeds were good so I spread open the RR to check. So once they sprout Ill put the RR in the hydroton. Then I assume I top feed them for the first week or so until the roots get down into the solution.
Question is, how much water should I give them by top feeding per day?
Also, what drains through, can I leave that in the tub and use it?
I still haven't filled up the tub with my nutrients yet. I didn't want them to be getting wasted since the roots aren't down there yet.
I'm just trying to get all the small details so I don't over/under water them and/or waste nutrients. Thanks
You can feed a few times per day

T

TokinBluntz

How much at a time?
Also, do I just mix up Grow and Micro for the seedling?
I read somewhere last night that I mix up Grow, Micro and Bloom but that didn't seem right to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom